OverviewNewfoundland Labrador Operations Supervisor Temporary in Tompkins, SK
Branch Tompkins SK CA
And construction and management of provincial government buildings. Experience in winter highway maintenance and construction work….
The Department of Transportation and Works is responsible for the administration, supervision, control, regulation, management and direction of all matters relating to transportation and public works. As such, the Department oversees the construction and maintenance of the provincial highways; the provision of the provincial ferry services; management of the provincial government fleet of light vehicles and heavy equipment; operation and maintenance of the provincial government air ambulances and water bombers; and construction and management of provincial government buildings. The vision of the Department of Transportation and Works is of safe, reliable and sustainable transportation and public works infrastructure and services, demonstrating a commitment to service excellence in supporting the social and economic needs of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Operations, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for safe planning, organizing, implementing and supervising employees and equipment involved in a variety of highways maintenance and construction activities and applying modern techniques in highway construction and maintenance in a seasonal snow and ice control period under a planned management system within the department; assists in planning new maintenance projects and prepares activity reports; administrative duties including daily activity cards, preparing work schedules and reviewing payroll documentation; responding to public enquires and providing information to the public and other interested parties with respect to highway related conditions and emergency calls; performs other related duties as required.
Merit Criteria (What is this?) Screening Criteria
Conditions of Employment (What is this?) Conditions of
Conditions of Acceptance
For more information about this opportunity please call David McAllister at (709) 635-4139.
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications should be received before the close of business on the closing date – late applications with explanation may be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Tompkins, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01