OverviewNewfoundland Labrador Adult Probation Officer I Temporary in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Adult Probation Officer I
St. John’s, NL
This position is considered a "Position of Trust" and therefore, a job offer may be subject to a satisfactory security check….
The Department of Justice and Public Safety ensures the impartial administration of justice and the protection of the public interest through the dual offices of the Attorney General and the Minister of Justice and Public Safety. Responsibilities of the Department include family justice services, fines administration, support enforcement, policing, the sheriff’s office, adult secure custody, adult probation services, secure youth justice services, victim services, fish and wildlife enforcement, and administration of the courts. The Department also both represents and provides legal services to the Crown including legal advice to departments, litigation, prosecution and legislative drafting services. The Department of Justice and Public Safety aims to improve public protection and access to justice in a manner that is sensitive to the diverse needs of its clients.
The successful incumbent is committed to making a difference to offenders who require supervision and intervention to develop their potential as law abiding members of the community. This position is responsible for assessing and supervising adult offenders who are subject to Probation Orders, Conditional Sentence Orders, and/or Temporary Absence permits. The incumbent will utilize a best practice approach for case management; preparing pre-sentence reports; investigating violations and preparing legal documentation for breach purposes; developing and implementing case management plans targeting the criminogenic needs of adult offenders; providing interventions and referrals to individual or group intervention programs with the goal of reducing recidivism; and other duties as required.
Merit Criteria (What is this?) Screening Criteria
Conditions of Employment (What is this?) Conditions of
Conditions of Acceptance
For more information about this opportunity please call: Ashley Hardman at (709) 729-0407
- This position is considered a “Position of Trust” and therefore, a job offer may be subject to a satisfactory security check.
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications should be received before the close of business on the closing date – late applications with explanation may be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2018-03-11