OverviewNewfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information Security Analyst II (Permanent Full-time) Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Security Analyst II (Permanent Full-time)
St. John’s, NL
Information Systems Security. Computer Science or related IT field. Monitoring and administering of security controls and systems….
What we do The Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information (the Centre) provides quality information to health professionals, the public, researchers and health system decision-makers. Through collaboration with the health system, the Centre supports the development of data and technical standards, maintains key health databases, prepares and distributes health reports, and supports and carries out applied health research and benefits evaluations. The Centres mandate also includes the development and implementation of a confidential and secure provincial electronic health record, including the change management required to support adoption by end user clinicians.
About The Role
- Develop and lead the Centres security program.
- Conduct Threat Risk Assessments (TRAs) and perform Vulnerability Assessments (VAs) on Provincial health systems.
- Monitoring and administering of security controls and systems.
- Research and evaluation of industry best practice security measures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with the technical know-how to perform at a senior cybersecurity role
- Motivated individual who can keep current with new technologies
- Superior interpersonal skills (written and verbal communications)
- The ability to build and maintain effective business working relationships
- Strong awareness of privacy, security and confidentiality
Your Experience and Education (equivalencies considered)
- Degree or Diploma: Computer Science or related IT field
- Certification/Designation: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or other security designations
- Minimum 5 years experience in:
- Information Systems Security
- Enterprise information systems
- Knowledge and understanding of the sensitivity of health data
- Previous experience with TRAs/VAs/Penetration Testing
Equivalencies will be considered.
CG-44 (range $40.06/hour – $47.26/hour)
- Comprehensive benefits package including prescription, health and dental
- Provincial Government Pension Plan
- Compressed and flexible work arrangements
- Six weeks paid-leave for new employees
- An innovative, energetic and forward thinking workplace culture
70 OLeary Ave., St. Johns, NL
Competition Number (please quote in application)
2018 SAII 001
January 22, 2018
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, they consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information required for the purposes of recruitment. Personal information will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment considerations for a period of one year following initial application, unless otherwise noted by the applicant.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10