OverviewNewfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information Management Information System (MIS) Standards Consultant (Permanent – Full Time) Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Management Information System (MIS) Standards Consultant (Permanent – Full Time)
St. John’s, NL
Managerial or leadership experience in a healthcare environment. Clinical background with a broad understanding of the healthcare environment….
What we do The Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information (the Centre) provides quality information to health professionals, the public, researchers and health system decision-makers. Through collaboration with the health system, the Centre supports the development of data and technical standards, maintains key health databases, carries out analytics and evaluation and supports health research. The Centre’s mandate also includes the development and implementation of a confidential and secure provincial electronic health record, including the change management required to support adoption by end user clinicians.
The MIS Standards provide a national framework for collecting, reporting and using financial and statistical data related to the day-to-day operations of health service organizations in Canada. MIS Standards apply across the continuum of care including acute care, community based services and long term care. MIS Standards are developed, maintained and published by the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, MIS Standards, the Provincial MIS Standards Consultant:
- Provides leadership to the development, adoption and implementation of the MIS Standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the analysis of MIS data for evidence based decision making within the provincial health system.
- Supports accurate collection of MIS statistical and financial data within the four regional health authorities (RHAs).
- Assists stakeholders with interpretation of the MIS Standards and implementation of revisions.
- Carries out data analysis to support evidence-based decision making.
- Monitors, evaluates, and continuously improves the quality and quantity of the data contained in the Provincial MIS Database
- Promotes the use of MIS information by key stakeholders throughout the province.
- Interprets statistical indicators and identifies data and reporting issues.
- Clinical background with a broad understanding of the healthcare environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the MIS Standards obtained through education, or use through clinical or financial experience. Knowledge of related financial and accounting principles.
- Superior interpersonal skills (written and oral communications), negotiation, liaison/stakeholder relationship skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experienced in project management.
- Strong presentation (Powerpoint and webinar) and facilitation skills. Ability to facilitate educational workshops.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
Your Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Clinical Discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the health care environment
- Experience collaborating with a range of stakeholders across the health system.
- Managerial or leadership experience in a healthcare environment
- Experience or education in MIS Standards
- Knowledge and experience with the use of business intelligence tools (Cognos, SAS).
- Knowledge and experience with provincial health information systems such as Meditech, CRMS.
- Knowledge and experience in with Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Equivalencies will be considered.
Permanent – Full Time
HL-20 ($62,796 – $81,635) under review
- Health benefits and coverage available
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Compressed and flexible work arrangements.
- Six weeks paid-leave for new employees.
- An innovative, energetic and forward thinking workplace culture.
Competition Number (please quote in application)
2018 MIS 016
St. John’s, NL
April 16, 2018
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, they consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information required for the purposes of recruitment. Personal information will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment considerations for a period of one year following closing date of this competition, unless otherwise noted by the applicant.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05