OverviewNewfound Disposal Systems Limited Fleet Manager / Heavy Equipment Technician Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Newfound Disposal Systems Limited
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Fleet Manager / Heavy Equipment Technician
St. John’s, NL
Health and Dental Benefit Package (Optional). Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures by visually inspecting, listening to driver…
Newfound Disposal Systems Limited is a leading hauler in Waste management serving Newfoundlanders since 1987.
We have a Mid-level Manager position working with and supervising our Fleet maintenance team. This is for an individual interested growth and opportunity through career challenges. If you are looking for a leadership role in a team environment, consistent work, stable hours and opportunities for growth and advancement we would like to hear from you!
This position is responsible for diagnosing, repairing or overhauling commercial trucks to manufacturer specifications, applicable legislation and company requirements.
Responsible for the following:
- Interpreting technical manuals.
- Provide guidance and performing general and preventive maintenance services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures by visually inspecting, listening to driver input, test driving, and using diagnostic tools.
- Completing a “Quick-Check” to determine the need for other unrelated repairs and advising the Operations Manager/Team of potential future issues.
- Plan and maintain vehicle and equipment to meet Operational commitments.
- Confirming repairs are completed and/or defective parts, components or systems upgraded as required.
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Documenting serial number and recording repair story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
- Supervising and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Other related or similar duties as required.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Heavy Equipment Technician and/or Truck and Transport Mechanic Certificate or Equivalent (i.e. Red Seal)
- Previous experience in the Medium / Heavy Duty truck or automotive industry.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the company.
- Must be self-motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Flexible on shift requirements.
- Have the ability to deal with large volumes of work and stressful situations.
Qualifications that are DESIRED in a candidate:
- Class 3 Drivers License with Air Brake Endorsement
- Experience working on all makes of on highway commercial vehicles
- Experience and familiarity with computers and computer software
- Equipment Maintenance accounting experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of supplier / vendors warranty policies.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Company Vehicle
- Vacation – 3 weeks after 5 years
- Health and Dental Benefit Package (Optional)
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Program – Company Match up to 3%
- Paid Approved Training Courses
- Clothing and footwear allowance
- Company Paid Christmas party and other seasonal gifts.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25