Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2018-04-03
Newbridge Academy Summer Day Camp Leader Temporary in Dartmouth, NS
Branch Dartmouth NS CA
Summer Day Camp Leader
To organize and program at least one activity (game, arts & crafts, special event, or etc.). Newbridge Academy is seeking professional and entusiastic…
Newbridge Academy is seeking professional and entusiastic individuals to join our team this Summer! Our Day Camps run from June 18th-Aug 31. Training will begin on June 11th.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assisting with the preparations for the camp (setting up tables and chairs, assisting in game and craft setup, putting away supplies, distribute print or craft material as needed).
- Help plan, organize and lead games, crafts, activities, field trips, and more for children ages 4-12
- Greet and interact with camp participants during crafts, activities, and play.
- Help with the monitoring of campers during periods of activities, crafts, games, play, and tours.
- Supervision may involve standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Help the children learn social, creative, and physical skills, and to improve existing ones by actively participating and helping in all day camp activities.
- Help the children develop a positive self-image by offering them encouragement, recognition, and guidance
- To ensure that the facilities and play area are safe for children while at play.
- To organize and program at least one activity (game, arts & crafts, special event, or etc.) during the week of camp.
- To help the children develop a healthy attitude and acceptance toward fellow participants by encouraging fair play and good citizenship.
- To practice leadership skills by leading games, songs, and arts and crafts during the Summer Day Camp
- To supervise weekly field trips and outings
- An interest in working with children aged 4-12 (Grades P-6).
- Comfortable monitoring and assisting children during activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with diverse groups of children and Day Camp leaders.
- The ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time inside and outdoors.
- Experience in an educational setting or youth leadership is an asset.
- Teaching or ECE experience considered as asset
- 16 years of age or older
- First Aid/CPR required
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $12.50 /hour