OverviewNewalta Operator (Temporary – Full Time) Temporary in Stettler, AB
Branch Stettler AB CA
Operator (Temporary – Full Time)
You will support us in finding new and innovative ways to recover oil and water from oilfield waste streams and reduce the overall waste going to landfills….
Newalta is a leading provider of innovative engineered environmental solutions that enable customers to reduce disposal while enhancing the recycling and the recovery of valuable resources from oil and gas exploration and production waste streams.
At Newalta, we’re in the sustainability business, where innovation and customer-driven approaches add value to our customer’s bottom line and reduce environmental footprints. Sustainability isn’t just a word we use; it is our approach to our work. At Newalta, sustainability is about the integration and alignment of environmental stewardship, economic viability and an ethical approach to running our business; the 3Es, this is how we’ve earned our place as leader in the environmental energy services sector. It’s what we like to call Sustainability Simplified™.
Newalta is a proud member of the communities in which we live and operate, we are a values-driven company and our culture is innovative and entrepreneurial while maintaining a core focus on safety, the environment and our customers. At Newalta we value diversity and recognize talent who have the drive and desire to make the world a better place, “A Newalta Way of Thinking”.
As part of Newalta’s Conventional Oilfield Division, you will be a part of our operations team that delivers waste processing solutions to oil and gas customers through facilities, satellites and onsite projects. You will support us in finding new and innovative ways to recover oil and water from oilfield waste streams and reduce the overall waste going to landfills.
Newalta’s Operators are leaders of safety and efficient operating practices. You will be accountable for day to day facility operations, ensuring that all equipment and systems are being operated to Newalta standards. Using your technical expertise you will assist operations in the optimization of equipment, by identifying and recommending improvement to processes and systems. This position will be a temporary full time role and will run a schedule of 8 Days On-6 Days Off; 10 hour rotation.
- Ensure that all equipment and systems is being operated to Newalta standards;
- Operate, monitor and control process levels, temperatures, pressures and flows for applicable utilities, processes and systems in a safe and efficient manner;
- Ensure that required documentation is legible, accurate and completed on a timely basis;
- Use technical expertise to assist operations in the optimization of equipment;
- Identify and recommend improvements to processes and systems;
- Perform emergency operations activities as needed;
- Regularly attend and actively participate in safety meetings, identify any safety concerns to supervisor, report all incidents and assist in investigations;
- Perform mechanical and or equipment maintenance as required and/or assigned;
- Maintain safe and clean equipment and general work area;
- Train on unfamiliar processes and equipment, within established guidelines, as required;
- Acquire and maintain adequate certification as required;
- Provides guidance, direction and technical expertise to less experienced operators;
- Perform physical tasks and duties including but not limited to shovelling, moving equipment, tank cleaning and housekeeping requirements.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience;
- Ability to work 10hr shift both days and nights as required;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively both written and verbally;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems (e.g. SAP, Roughneck, etc.) would be considered an asset but are not required;
- Experience working with Boilers would be an asset;
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are required;
- Must be entitled to work in Canada.
Candidates are required to be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Newalta is a leader in the environmental services industry because of our great people and their smart ideas. We will enhance our leadership position by growing our services, our business and our people. At Newalta, we invest in our people and our people invest in us. Our employees love the challenges, recognition and autonomy of a Newalta job.
Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to solve problems.
Newalta is an equal opportunity employer. Constant innovation and continuous improvement are the cornerstones of the Newalta way of thinking – and create an environment where diversity and inclusion are critical to success.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Should we wish to interview you, we will contact you directly.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Stettler, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11