OverviewNewalta Corporation Operator Full Time in Foxtrap, NL
Branch Foxtrap NL CA
Our job is to find creative ways to recover valuable resources from industrial and oil and gas waste streams, with more than 85 facilities across North America…
At Newalta, we’re in the sustainability business, where innovation and customer-driven approaches add value to our customer’s bottom line and reduce environmental footprints. We provide solutions for product recovery and recycling that were once unimaginable. Our job is to find creative ways to recover valuable resources from industrial and oil and gas waste streams, with more than 85 facilities across North America and more than 2300 employees. Our future growth includes continued expansion, new services and technologies and a continued focus on innovation, people, safety and the environment.
Newalta is a proud member of the communities in which we live and operate, we are a values-driven company and our culture is creative and entrepreneurial while maintaining a core focus on safety, the environment and our customers.
Newalta’s Foxtrap Team delivers engineered environmental solutions to customers in Newfoundland and Labrador. The local market is heavily influenced by the offshore Oil and Gas industry, where exploratory drilling and production operations provide large volumes of bulk waste. Processing of bulk material through our centrifuge operations is a significant target for 2014 and into the future. As part of the Foxtrap team you will lead through innovative problem solving and technical skill to meet client demand for environmentally responsible waste management practices.
Newalta’s Operators are leaders of safety and efficient operating practices. You will be accountable for day to day facility operations, ensuring that all equipment and systems are being operated to Newalta standards. Using your technical expertise you will assist operations in the optimization of equipment, by identifying and recommending improvement to processes and systems.
• Ensure that all equipment and systems are being operated to Newalta Standards, following the established environment, health & safety policies and procedures
• Monitor equipment production and quality, using technical expertise to assist in the optimization of Newalta equipment and output
• Maintains safe and clean equipment and general work area
• Ensures that required documentation is legible, accurate and completed on a timely basis
• Perform daily inspections, identify and recommend improvements to equipment and processes
• Regularly attends safety meetings, identifies any safety concerns to supervisor, reports all incidents and assists in investigations
• Performs emergency operations activities as needed
• Perform regular mechanical and/or equipment maintenance as required or assigned
• Requisition equipment and supplies as needed
• Provide guidance, direction and technical expertise to less experienced field operators
• Represent Newalta in a respectful and professional manner at all times.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Previous experience with centrifuge equipment or tank farm operations is an asset
• Mechanical ability and general knowledge of equipment maintenance is an asset
• Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively both written and verbally
• A positive attitude and customer focused approach is important – you will encounter challenging situations and are expected to act with integrity, and sound judgment
• Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems (e.g. SAP, Roughneck, etc.) would be considered an asset but is not required
• Strong team player with the ability to work independently
• Open to working outdoors in various weather conditions
• Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as required
• Must be entitled to work in Canada
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required medical, physical, drug and alcohol testing.
Newalta is a values driven company committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workforce with a high performance culture where people can apply their talents and reach their career potential.
Newalta is a leader in the environmental services industry because of our great people and their smart ideas. We will enhance our leadership position by growing our services, our business and our people. At Newalta, we invest in our people and our people invest in us. Our employees love the challenges, recognition and autonomy of a Newalta job.
Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to help our customers and the environment.
To apply, please visit [email protected] .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Foxtrap, NL, CA
Posted on: 2014-11-04