OverviewNew Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) Association du Nouveau Brunswick pour l’Integration Communautaire (ANBIC) Employment Coordinator Full Time in Miramichi, NB
New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) Association du Nouveau Brunswick pour l’Integration Communautaire (ANBIC)
Branch Miramichi NB CA
Working with PTEL employment counselors, Social Development case managers, community agencies and employers to facilitate a good job match;…
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Employment Coordinator will provide transition to employment services for individuals with intellectual/development disabilities in the Miramichi region.
The successful candidate will provide job coaching and job developing services to assist individuals with intellectual/ developmental disabilities to make a smooth transition to the local labour force.
The Employment Coordinator position will be located in Miramichi but will also be required to provide itinerant service in Néguac on a weekly basis as needed. This is a contract position, 36.25 hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in developing a mutually agreed upon Employment Action Plan;
- Exploring career choices, offer job search & interview techniques, assist in resume and cover letter writing, job search preparation, utilize person centered planning tools;
- Working with PTEL employment counselors, Social Development case managers, community agencies and employers to facilitate a good job match;
- Eliminate barriers to employment by working with the individual and potential employers;
- Facilitate workplace accommodations as required;
- Provide follow-up support once employment has been secured.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, Education or Counselling and one year of counseling related work experience for a total combination of 5 years or a minimum post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in related disciplines of Social Science, Education, or Counselling and three years of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, comprehensive internet searches and the ability to learn new information management systems;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and ability to travel within the service area;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
- Knowledge of regional labour market information, techniques in job search or job search expertise;
- Knowledge of Employment Service Delivery Model;
- Knowledge of Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners and Code of Ethics of the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association;
- Techniques in resume writing, interviewing and accessing job postings;
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Experience working with individuals with a disability, preferably an intellectual disability;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required in both French and English;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to work independently.
Please forward cover letter and resume no later than 4:30 pm AST, Friday May 29th, 2015 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Lynn Akmens, Manager of Employment and Training Initiatives
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Miramichi, NB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24