OverviewNestle Purina PetCare PawsWay Associate (Part-Time) – 6 month contract Temporary in Toronto, ON
Nestle Purina PetCare
Branch Toronto ON CA
PawsWay Associate (Part-Time) – 6 month contract
Trainer, agility, grooming, pet nutrition, veterinary technician etc.). University or College Degree Preferred….
This position is responsible for facilitating the execution of PawsWay events and programming as well as providing assistance to guests in the exhibit and retail areas.
Major Responsibilities ·
Assist the management team and other programming consultants as directed in delivering PawsWay Core Programming: o
Deliver programming content to ensure a positive experience. o
Engage guests with exhibit content encouraging visitor interactions. o
Encourage registration in our PawsWay Loyalty, email and social media programs. o
Solicit and recap feedback. o
Participate in the implementation of summer camps, school programs and guest tours. o
Assists in external events as necessary to promote PawsWay awareness.
· Assist in the daily operations of the center as assigned to ensure it is ready for all programming and guest activities: o
Set up and help execute program and events. o
Daily cleaning and tidying of center and exhibit maintenance as needed. o
Replenishing supplies for all public areas as needed. o
Work assigned retail shifts as required and promote revenue through sales of merchandise and classes.
· Ensure a positive and safe guest experience: o
Ensure visitor safety and security by administering PawsWay visitor policy. o
Guest reception and directing guests to appropriate area. (traffic flow). o
Supervision and resolution of pet/guest interaction, enforcing the canine/feline code of conduct. o
Assist retail staff with phone enquires, answer general enquiries from center visitors, programming participants and other visitors to the center.
· Be a resource for PawsWay visitors: o
Ability to communicate key information on the programming and exhibits to guests. o
Learn about dog and cat care to address key consumer questions or provide reliable resources. o
Understand the Purina brands key features and benefits and be able to communicate this to visitors.
· Responsible for the daily operations of the PawShop and providing outstanding customer service as per company standards, working with a Point of Sale (POS) system, generating sales, merchandising and general upkeep of the store’s cleanliness and appearanance
Qualifications · Passionate about pets and have an aptitude for acquiring skills in pet care and an eagerness to learn.
· University or College Degree Preferred.
· 1-3 years of experience in pet related activities preferred (e.g. trainer, agility, grooming, pet nutrition, veterinary technician etc.).
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
· Strong people skills and ability to work with a team, children and pets.
· Experience in a retail environment is a key asset.
· Able to work a flexible work schedule including most weekends and evenings and statutory holidays.
· Strong computer literacy
· Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Experience using Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
· Please note: Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
For further insight on our culture, values and principles, please visit http://www.purina.ca/ .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23