OverviewNelson Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. Occupational Health & Safety Officer Full Time in Cumberland, BC
Nelson Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd.
Branch Cumberland BC CA
Occupational Health & Safety Officer
Assisting Workers, Supervisors, Managers and Leadership in performing hazard assessments, workplace inspections, incident investigations, and assessing…
Nelson Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd corporate head office located in Cumberland BC has an immediate opening for a Health, Safety & Environment Officer. Nelson Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd offers excellent wages and benefits.
Health, Safety & Environment Job Description
- Assisting Workers, Supervisors, Managers and Leadership in performing hazard assessments, workplace inspections, incident investigations, and assessing compliance to applicable legislation and internal/customer protocols.
- Conduct Safety orientation sessions for new employees
- Conduct required safety trainings as needed
- Conduct Incident Investigations and develop health and safety performance measures
- Working with Client and Safety Manager to complete: Project Safety Plans, Hazard/Risk Registries, Critical Risk Protocols, and HSE Audits as required.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to address HSE related issues;
- Knowledge of best practices in HS&E, and a demonstrated history of successfully implementing, and communicating them to key stakeholders.
- Education and experience conducting incident investigations, audits, and proficiency/experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the creation of HS&E training materials.
- A strong ongoing understanding of Workers Compensation Board regulatory requirements and all applicable legislation.
- Willingness to travel, support project work schedules, and pursue further professional development
- Proven ability to make decisions where only general policies and procedures are available requiring application of judgement and independent action
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
Qualification & Experience:
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate or CRSP would be an asset.
- National Construction Safety Officer Certificate
- BCCSA Internal Auditor Certificate
- Claims Management Certification
- Minimum of 5+ years dedicated full-time experience as a HS&E practitioner in Construction work environment.
- First aid (Training Level 3 or equivalent)
- Valid drivers license
- An understanding of business drivers and the ability to influence and facilitate the development and implementation of health and safety plans, goals and objectives
- Experience developing, coordinating, and managing projects with a wide variety of key stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively in and contribute to a team environment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Cumberland, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18