OverviewNature Interpreter – Casual Part Time in Burlington, ON
Branch Burlington ON CA
Nature Interpreter – Casual
Deliver captivating experiential environmental education programming for children and youth (Early Childhood and Kindergarten to Grade 12) in a variety of…
Royal Botanical Gardens is the largest botanical garden in Canada and one of the largest in the world. With over 2,700 acres of cultivated gardens and nature preserves, it is also one of the biggest urban nature sanctuaries and marshland restoration sites in North America. With its extraordinary land holdings,breathtaking landscapes, biodiversity, collections, facilities, educational and conservation programs, RBG is a top-rated regional tourist attraction and a global leader in its sector.
- Deliver captivating experiential environmental education programming for children and youth (Early Childhood and Kindergarten to Grade 12) in a variety of outdoor settings;
- Collaborate with other members of the Education Team to manage risk, discuss logistics, and provide feedback;
- Provide excellent customer service and engage visitors during school programs, public events, and all other interactions with visitors/guests;
- Communicate promptly and clearly with other interpretive staff and administrators both in and out of program;
- Ensure proper upkeep of program materials,and completion of administrative duties as required;
- Arrive and depart according to agreed-upon timelines;
- Provide feedback and suggestions in line with values and mission;
- Other duties as requested
- Have exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills, possessing a sound knowledge and aptitude for subject matter relevant to RBG’s mandate(education, horticulture, natural lands, and science).
- Currently be attending, or be a graduate of, a post-secondary institution (or possess equivalent experience) with an interest in the outdoors, natural sciences, working with children and the public
- Possess an outgoing, people-oriented personality and a demonstrated commitment to excellence in visitor services
- Formal certification and/or training in education (OCT) and/or natural, cultural heritage, and/or theatrical interpretation considered an asset
- Fluency in French or other language; and artistic skills (painting, sketching,photography, etc.) at a level suitable for public presentations and teaching considered an asset
- Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR and a satisfactory Police Records Check will be required of the successful candidates, at their expense.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable access to a personal vehicle.
Candidates must be willing to work evenings/weekends/holidays as required.
RBG is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please apply through our online portal:
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18