OverviewMurphy Oil Company, Ltd. TEAM LEAD CONTRACTS Full Time in Calgary, AB
Murphy Oil Company, Ltd.
Branch Calgary AB CA
TEAM LEAD CONTRACTS
Business Administration Education or Logistics and Supply Chain Management Certificates. 5-6 years related work experience in Supply Chain Management, with…
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Business Administration Education or Logistics and Supply Chain Management Certificates
- 5-6 years related work experience in Supply Chain Management, with emphasis in Contract Management
- Minimum 3 years working in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Proficient in using computer software for analytical and presentation purposes such as Excel, PowerPoint, word
- The ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- The ability to foster external as well as internal relationships
Description: The primary role of this position is to develop, analyze, negotiate and administer services or materials contracts for any business units within the company. Performance of this position will be consistent with Murphy’s approved business practices and in a manner to obtain best overall value for the Company, while adhering to the company policies. This position is also responsible for coordinating the Supplier Relationship Management process with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create contracts for services or materials by selecting the most appropriate contractor/supplier by means of bidding and negotiating the best possible value for the company
- Take lead role in bidding process, including but not limited to RFP development, supplier selection, bid meetings, evaluation, negotiation, bid award meetings, etc.
- Contractor Management – set up contractor expectations/KPIs; monitor and make recommendations concerning contractor performance
- In conjunction with internal stakeholders administer and negotiate contract changes request
- Consult with legal, risk management, safety and other departments as required to ensure the company’s liability exposure is minimized
- Monitors and ensures the business provisions of contracts are administered to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions
Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24