Municipal Property Assessment Corporation Senior Research & Development Analyst (ITA5) – Temporary Assignment Up to 18 Months Full Time in Ontario
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
Branch ON CA
Senior Research & Development Analyst (ITA5) – Temporary Assignment Up to 18 Months
Prepare and design presentation materials and demonstrations for meetings to various customer groups and committees, including analytics;…
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, Information Technology Department has a challenging opportunity for a temporary Senior Research & Development Analyst. Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Services, Information Technology, you will research, analyze, design, develop and provide end-to-end support on a variety of revenue products for our external customers. You will also conduct process and quality controls based on business specifications and finalize documentation of new and existing processes.
- Identify new product ideas and prototype development in support of cost savings, operational efficiencies and revenue generation;
- Investigate, research, plan and conduct property valuation studies as they relate to corporate projects (such as new product support, assessment updates and or custom product development requirements) on behalf of stakeholders;
- Create analytical models and generate results in the context of realty market environments through analysis of internal and external data (e.g., Automated Valuation Models (AVM), Comparables and Conformity products);
- Develop new operational models in areas such as valuation, GIS and delivery of recurring products
- Collect and interpret feedback from customers for product creation and/or enhancements (e.g. participating in trade shows and other public forums) and present findings to management.
- Define accurate customer requirements and specifications to document end to end technical product specifications against IT standards;
- Develop customized revenue products through the analysis and understanding of assessment based data and data from other Canadian jurisdictions;
- Build product development schedule and cycle for assigned projects and manage deviations with senior management;
- Evaluate process controls and conduct functional and or non-functional user testing against specifications;
- Develop, design and execute programming in various platforms and programming languages in compliance to coding standards to produce deliverables based on customer requirements;
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of data structure and business rules;
- Establish sustainable partnerships and provide consultation services in areas of Revenue generation and product development. Provide, develop, and/or create supporting documentation for projects.
- Lead customer meetings as MPAC representative and respond to customer requests in a professional and timely manner;
- Meet with both internal and external customers Recognize issues and has the ability to elevate concerns to the appropriate level for resolution;
- Liaise and collaborate with key stakeholders in various business units to translate business and technical requirements into (product development) solutions as per customer contracts;
- Prepare and design presentation materials and demonstrations for meetings to various customer groups and committees, including analytics; and
- Provide product development and process training through the delivery of information seminars related to specific areas of expertise (e.g. programming, address matching, spatial analysis etc.).
QUALITY ASSURANCE & REPORTING:
- Develop process control plans for product integrity reviews;
- Prepare management reporting, identify anomalies and or critical /suspected errors; report findings and present recommendations to management;
- Develop and automate the production of regularly occurring reports (e.g AVM Quarterly reports);
- Conduct extraction of data to support reporting, ad hoc analytical requests (e.g. address management, revenue product creation and prototyping);
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Develop and maintain product development life cycle/ process knowledge base with management.
LOCATION: To be determined upon close of competition
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in research methodologies and product development, information technology, valuation and or related field;
- Successful completion of relevant post-secondary education in real property, mathematics, computer science, statistics or related field;
- Possess a breadth of MPAC business knowledge and working knowledge of property assessment terminology, policies, procedures, valuation theory and legislation is an asset;
- Strong comprehension of real property market dynamics;
- Certification in IMA, AIC, IAAO or RICS and product development related technologies is an asset;
- Advanced understanding of and experience in computerized information systems including a variety of statistical, programming, GIS and reporting tools such as SAS, SPSS, Crystal Reports, Oracle, ArcGIS, XML, Java, PL/SQL, Python, DOS Batch, VB/A and Business Objects. Certification earned or in progress in these technologies would be an asset;
- Proficiency in the development of scripts to automate macros/routine procedures, extend or create new procedures, and customize reports;
- Ability to work with a variety of database environments to conduct extracts, analyses and other large-scale data manipulations;
- Thorough understanding of statistical theory and techniques and their application to property assessment in order to perform qualitative and quantitative studies;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organization skills to administer and organize multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines;
- A high level of adaptability when working with customers to develop customized products;
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in report writing and presentations; and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in building partnerships between teams and departments, and the ability to develop and sustain customer focus to meet the needs of client groups.
AREA OF SEARCH: Open