OverviewMount Royal University Inclusive Education & Programming Coordinator Full Time in Calgary, AB
Mount Royal University
Branch Calgary AB CA
Inclusive Education & Programming Coordinator
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience developing and delivering inclusion education and programming, preferably for a higher education audience….
Mount Royal University is committed to encouraging a campus community that nurtures and celebrates diversity and inclusion. Diversity and Human Rights Services is responsible for fostering a safe, respectful and inclusive campus community for our students, staff, faculty and visitors.
Reporting to the Diversity & Human Rights Advisor, the Inclusive Education & Programming Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of inclusion education and programming for students, faculty and staff at Mount Royal University.
- Review and revise current education and training programs and resources
- Develop and deliver responsive training and education for the campus community, with a focus on peer-to-peer programming
- Establish and implement effective program evaluation protocols
- Provide leadership, direction and support to key contacts responsible for implementing MRU’s Diversity & Meaningful Inclusion Plan
- Coordinate overall communication plan and strategies for recommendations and their outcomes
- Lead and coordinate specific recommendations and strategies
- Contribute to Diversity & Human Rights strategic planning and leadership team
- Other related duties, as required
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent Post Graduate Studies
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience developing and delivering inclusion education and programming, preferably for a higher education audience
- High level of intercultural competence
- Knowledge and understanding of student development, campus culture and academic and student life cycle extremely important
- Demonstrated project management, facilitation, volunteer management, research and writing skills
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
Mount Royal University
Department of Human Resources
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in either .doc, .docx or .pdf formats only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31