OverviewMount Royal University Administrative Assistant to the Chair Part Time in Calgary, AB
Mount Royal University
Branch Calgary AB CA
Administrative Assistant to the Chair
Facilitates administrative processes; Assists the department’s other Administrative Assistant as required. The Administrative Assistant to the Chair provides…
The Administrative Assistant to the Chair provides administrative support to the Chair and Department of English, Languages, and Cultures in a part-time capacity (21 hours per week). English, Languages, and Cultures is a large and complex multi-program department. This position supports the department Chair, faculty, students, and staff from other units in providing an effective and professional range of administrative services.
- Monitors budget and financial transactions;
- Purchases office and teaching supplies;
- Facilitates administrative processes;
- Supports department program offerings;
- Maintains department web site;
- Trouble-shoots faculty and office printing and technology needs; and
- Assists the department’s other Administrative Assistant as required.
- Two-Year Diploma from a University (BA preferred) in combination with 2 – 3 years of related experience;
- Experience in a complex, busy office environment, possibly in the public sector, will be considered an asset;
- Experience in a post-secondary administrative office will be a distinct advantage;
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite; intermediate/strong skills in Microsoft Excel; demonstrates the ability to learn other software packages related to duties;
- Excellent communication and interpretation skills; and
- Demonstrates a keen attention to detail.
When applying, please quote the competition number in the subject line of your e-mail. Cover letters and resumes should be submitted in one .pdf formatted document . Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Last Name], [First Initial].pdf (ex. Smith, J.pdf). Failure to submit your application as directed will prevent your application from being processed. Submit your application to:
Mount Royal University
Department of Human Resources
Submit a separate covering letter and resume for each position you are applying for, quoting appropriate competition number to the address noted above.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applying by email, please send your resume as an attachment, in .pdf format only
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31