Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2017-04-02
Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House Special Projects and Communications Coordinator Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Special Projects and Communications Coordinator
Minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience in a coordinating role, preferably in a social services or government….
The Special Projects and Communications Coordinator coordinates key aspects of the House’s fundraising, communications & marketing activities, key events and special projects and supports the Executive Director with community projects, board committees, and other tasks. Main areas are:
- Oversees and organizes special events, including fundraising events, celebrations and other.
- Coordinates communications and marketing activities, such as program guide, website content, social media pushes and other related activities.
- Creates marketing materials and enhance marketing channels (website, social medial, print).
- Creates 2 monthly e-newsetters.
- Participates and supports Executive Director to implement civic engagement & community development projects.
- Conducts outreach to promote and create awareness of programs (such as NSG and other);
- Support the Executive Director in organizing and scheduling meetings, organizing logistics and taking minutes as required.
- Assist by identifying funding sources, developing donor base, proposal writing.
- Solicit donations, sponsorships and in-kind gifts, obtain additional funders / project funders.
- Provide assistance to individual programs for specific marketing purposes.
- Coordinates contractors to implement activities as a required.
- Post-secondary education in human services, marketing or business, with related experience or education in event planning and / or project management.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience in a coordinating role, preferably in a social services or government
- Experience in organizational communication and marketing strategies required.
- Proven ability to manage and implement web-based and social media communications and marketing strategies.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills, ability to multi task and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written English skills and editing skills – must be able to create copy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to apply broad project goals to create a specific work plan.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Ability to make external contacts and promote the organization’s mission, mandate and goals to an external audience.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $24.00 /hour