Mount Peyton Hotel General Manager Full Time in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
Mount Peyton Hotel
Branch Grand Falls-Windsor NL CA
Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
Communicate, promote, implements and maintain all Brand and Westmont/Westfort policies, procedures and standards throughout the hotel to both employees and…
Under the direction of the RDO, the incumbent would be responsible for effectively managing and overseeing all aspects of the hotel operations including: guest relations, front desk, sales, housekeeping, maintenance, product quality, accounting, team building and staff development for the interest and benefit of key stakeholders. Directs and coordinates activities of the hotel to obtain efficiency and maximize profits by performing duties personally or through direct reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To manage all aspects of the business
- Overall responsibility for the financial success of the property, including budgeting, forecasting, yield and revenue management. Develop, prepare, execute and achieve financial goals.
- Manage all sources of revenue. Maintain fair market share. Focus would be maintaining established cost and quality standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
- Responsible for the development and execution of business plans, including sales & marketing plans.
- Determine the Hotel’s pricing strategy as it relates to room inventory and anticipated market segment mix in order to exceed market-share occupancy at better-than-market yield ratio.
- Leadership and management of all departments and employees. Oversee day-to-day operations. Control purchases and inventories.
- Represent the hotel in appropriate hotel, tourism and business associations. Responsible for strong community involvement.
- Create an environment that ensures 100% Guest satisfaction.
- Communicate, promote, implements and maintain all Brand and Westmont/Westfort policies, procedures and standards throughout the hotel to both employees and guests.
- Ensure that all appropriate systems and controls are in place to produce accurate monthly financial reports that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action.
- Recruit, supervise, coach, discipline and evaluate direct reports.
- Protect the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventive maintenance program, resulting in employee and guest safety, orderly operations, good appearance, compliance with brand and legislative standards.
- Any other tasks pertaining to this position as required or assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years hospitality managerial experience.
- Proven leadership, entrepreneurial and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interact and coach all levels of management & staff in a professional manner.
- Experience in staff management: recruitment, training & motivation.
- Background in the development & execution of business, marketing & sales plans & operating budgets.
- Proven track record in revenue management, exceeding market share and sales targets.
- Above average proficiency/familiarity with computerized systems.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Familiarity with accounting principles
- Strong financial planning, revenue management and organizational skills. Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans.
- Excellent time management, computational and analytical abilities and keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Candidate must possess the skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service and effectively grow revenues
- Must be a results oriented, hands-on leader with high ethics, personal accountability and a proven track record of being an exceptional communicator, coach and mentor to ensure high performance and superior customer service delivery.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Management: 5 years
- Revenue Management: 2 years