OverviewMorgan Stanley Business Intelligence Developer Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Business Intelligence Developer
Some business knowledge desired. Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world’s leading technology companies to…
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world’s leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley’s sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The Internal Trade Reporting Applications (ITARA) Practice Area within the Institutional Securities Group is responsible for systems and infrastructure that support trade data related report creation and distribution, high performance business intelligence platforms, data extraction and data marts for internal users.
This role provides a unique and exciting opportunity for a technologist to be a part of a global BI/Reporting team responsible for providing complex reporting and analytics solutions for users across Fixed Income and Equities.
This is a challenging and dynamic role for an enthusiastic individual who actively seeks to learn and grow their technical and business knowledge, whilst also looking for new ways to provide additional value to the business and technology.
Major responsibilities include:
– Work with key stakeholders across different business areas, Finance Controllers, Operations, discussing requirements for new reports/BI applications.
– Work on key regulatory reporting initiatives (i.e. Volcker Metrics, Market Access Rule, Data Inquiries)
– Work with Business Analysts to on-board/analyse new applications/flow into the different systems.
– You will investigate innovative solutions and design them, while collaborating with partner teams throughout IT. – Implement complex reports, data extracts to give the business transparency on any trade related activities.
– Direct business support and some production support, including data issue investigation and performance tuning
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
– Strong Database skills including performance tuning
– Skilled at data navigation and manipulation using SQL (DB2/Sybase)
– Very strong analytical skill and documentation skills.
– Experience working with UNIX Shell / Perl scripting.
– Solid communication skills
– Excellent problem solving skills
– Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
– Able to quickly digest new information
– Results Oriented, proven track record.
– Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
– Experience with Greenplum, DB2 DPF, KDB or other large scale Data Warehouse technologies
– Experience with BI analytic and visualization tools eg. Business Object, QlikView, Tableau
– Some business knowledge desired.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-05-12