OverviewMONSANTO Summer Field Research Assistant-Brandon, MB Temporary in Manitoba
Branch MB CA
Summer Field Research Assistant-Brandon, MB
Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it…
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce currently. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, we have established industry-leading products because we give people like you the freedom to make real decisions. We also have professional development programs and a history of building careers. After all, you’ll solve what could be mankind’s greatest challenge. Are you ready to start dreaming bigger?
From your first day, you’ll be a contributing member of the team with meaningful responsibilities, which allows you to have a realistic look at a career with Monsanto. You’ll gain valuable experience and developmental feedback through paid, full-time positions. The program helps us assess your career potential as the majority of our ‘new graduate’ hiring comes from our past summer students. It’s a great way to get the inside track on how an industry leader like Monsanto works.
Monsanto Canada has several openings for Summer Field Research Assistants in our Field Testing groups. The terms of these positions may vary slightly. However, the terms will typically start in April or May and end between August and October. This is an ideal opportunity for students interested in pursuing a career in agriculture to experience working with world class researchers, agronomists and plant breeders in a leading agricultural company.
- Assisting with trial preparation activities including seed counting, sorting, placement of sample envelopes into planting order and order verification
- Assisting with effective planting and plot maintenance activities
- Assisting with the collection of agronomic data from canola, corn and soybean plots and nurseries throughout the season
- Following ESH policies and procedures to ensure personal safety, the safety of others and the safe operation of the local research facility
- Operating and maintaining plot equipment and vehicles including trucks and trailers
- Supervising and working with temporary and casual field laborers
- Assisting with tours of field sites and / or research facilities
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: , MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01