OverviewMoney Mart IT Support Specialist – Berwyn Full Time in Berwyn, AB
Branch Berwyn AB CA
IT Support Specialist – Berwyn
The IT department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing….
Provide technical, functional, and strategic support to business areas regarding numerous key software applications. Support may include but is not necessarily limited to system selection and installation, documenting policies and procedures, testing and troubleshooting applications, identifying and implementing solutions to system incidents, providing training support, implementing and testing system upgrades and maintenance, updating parameters, assist in developing and testing business continuity plans, identifying and implementing enhancements, and identifying new technologies that will best meet organisational l needs.
The IT department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient support to all business users across North America. Accountable for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
To participate in the research and analysis of system application needs and problems for users; to provide assistance, advice, problem solving, and technical information to customers regarding the use of software applications; and act as liaison with customers regarding the status of their requests.
The key deliverable for this role will be to work with our off shore development teams to ensure smooth transition of applications into production, and the subsequent management of issues and queries.
You must have experience of Windows XP and Windows 7, Hardware, and Microsoft applications. Any remote desktop software would be advantageous but is not essential.
Any exposure of ITIL will be beneficial but is not critical for the role. However, excellent interpersonal skills, confidence when speaking to users and a great telephone manner are essential.
Qualifications RESPONSIBIlITIES INCLUDE
• Acts as a liaison between the IT, Development and 3rd party vendors and business customers regarding information systems operations, schedules, problems, timelines, procedures, requirements and changes.
• There will be a requirement to work some Saturdays and Sundays.
• There may be infrequent requirements to work any additional hours when required and at sites other than Head Office.
• Actively participates in the testing and implementation of new systems
• Work with development staff regarding program changes and problems
• Assists in the development of course modules and training materials to train end-users in the use of complex integrated software applications
• Provides guidance, assistance to users in response to written and verbal questions regarding the proper use and implementation of appropriate procedures and operations necessary to meet user needs
• Documents production problems for appropriate action
• Develops written communication and documentation for users and for internal use
• Notifies appropriate staff of system, programming, and/or production problems
• Work within an ITIL Service Desk framework providing IT support for retail stores and office environments.
• Have a clear understanding of the escalation and Major Incident processes
• Demonstrate a strong level of customer service to IT users of all abilities.
• Present a positive and professional manner at all times.
• Be conscious at all times of the sensitivity and security of any systems and data exposed to.
• Technical problem determination and resolution experience.
• Strong mathematical and analytical abilities.
• Knowledge of Information system terminology, concepts, functions, poliCies, and procedures
• Good knowledge of common software suites such as MS office and common operating systems.
• Desire to give excellent, proactive, customer service.
• Ability to work with software packages, system applications, word processing, a nd spreadsheet, and other related software
• Knowledge of supporting Windows XPjVista/7 in a Microsoft environment.
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of networking and network troubleshooting
• Use and operate standard office and information systems equipment
• Remain current with end-user hardware and software products
• Any forma l vendor or industry standard qualifications such as ITll, Comptia A+, Microsoft or simila r.
• Effectively verify the accuracy of detailed data in a timely manner
• Fluency in French and/or Spanish.
Additional Information We look for bright, energetic, motivated individuals who are interested in learning and developing their career. We invest in our employees and offer extensive training and development programs to set you up for future success.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Berwyn, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23