OverviewMondelez International Robotic Palletizer Operator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Robotic Palletizer Operator
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers…
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International , a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD .
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Shipping/Receiving Leader and working closely with the Engineering Department and Maintenance staff, the Palletizer Operator prepares monitors and adjusts the robotic palletizing system in order to ensure efficient and effective operation.
- Regularly monitor and adjust the robotic palletizing system in order to maintain efficient operation and prevent downtime.
- Verify the production schedule and re-program the computerized palletizing system (i.e., product codes, pallet type, etc.) to ensure that appropriate standards are met.
- Regularly load palletizer layer cards into the magazines as needed.
- Operate the Rail-Guided Vehicles (i.e., resets RGV)
- Maintain a clean and hazard-free workplace in order to aid in the prevention of workplace accidents.
- Report machinery problems to the Electrician/Maintenance Supervisor and assist with routine repairs as required
- Licensed on BT Walkie, Reach and Counterbalance trucks
- Assist in Shipping as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Be proficient at performing basic computer operations using the mouse and keyboard.
- Have proven mechanical/electrical aptitude and a keen desire to learn.
- Forklift license for BT Walkie Rider, Narrow Aisle and Counter Balance
- Reading – English: Must be able to read and comprehend different types of written documents.
- Writing – English: Must be able to record information during testing and set-up. Must also be able to complete all department documentation associated with the position.
- Demonstrated ability to follow all GMP guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safe competent manner, following safety rules and procedures as required.
- Must be a strong performer who demonstrates reliability, an excellent attendance record, excellent team work and strong self-directed individual and group work ethic
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.
Manufacturing / Conversion
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04