OverviewMolson Coors Brewing Company Summer Sponsorship and Events Representative – Vancouver Contract in Vancouver, BC
Molson Coors Brewing Company
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Summer Sponsorship and Events Representative – Vancouver
Travel and merchandise at predetermined locations, attend events, maintain the promotional inventory, set-up and tear down of events, executing sampling…
A Career in Beer
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We’re TalentBrewers – we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
What does your ideal summer job look like? Why not spend it working at some of the hottest festivals, concerts, bars and more.
In the role of Summer Sponsorship and Events Representative working in Vancouver you will be part of the BC Commerial team. T he person will gain hands-on experience and potentially future opportunities for summer and full time jobs in all areas of the business such as marketing, sales, supply chain and more!
This position reports to Christine Smith – Manager-Sponsorship and Events, and works closely with the colleagues in the area to assist us in creating positive brand experiences and delighting our customers and consumers.
This is a 4-month gig from May to September.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities
- Travel and merchandise at predetermined locations, attend events, maintain the promotional inventory, set-up and tear down of events, executing sampling promotions at predetermined events/bars and nightclubs, organization of promotional tools and other tasks assigned.
- Travel can be extensive at times therefore to qualify you must be available for the four months without extensive vacation plans. The work can be physical at times, therefore being able to lift 50lbs is required.
- Constant communication, timely follow-up and budget management is required to ensure that executions are effective and consistent with regional goals and objectives.
- This individual also must have the ability to multi-task and deliver on critical timelines. They must also have a strong understanding of Molson corporate values and engage in the overall plan to provide a safe and protected events and promotions for our consumers and customers in all environments and ensuring corporate responsibility.
- You will act as the face of Molson Coors, representing some of Canada’s most well recognized brands at some of our nation’s biggest events. This is NOT your average “desk job”.
Qualifications: The Other Qualifications
- You are enrolled in post-secondary education
- You are able to work independently without supervision.
- You are hard working with a positive attitude.
- You deliver results.
- You are able to work evenings and weekends – some out of town.
- You are legal drinking age
- You are professional, mature and focused
- Ability to do physical labour (lifting and merchandising).
- You are Pro-Serve Certified
- You have industry / Molson Knowledge, as well as Brewery / Product Knowledge.
- You have strong customer service orientation – “Customer Preferred Supplier Focused”
- You have self-direction, motivation and time management skills
- Candidates must currently have and maintain a valid driver’s license with no limitations/restrictions. You will be asked to provide us with a recent copy of an MVR (Driver’s Abstract)
- As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
Work Perks that You Need to Know About
- People Development – We take people development seriously, offer potential growth opportunities
- Employer of Choice – Employee events, personal beer allotment
- Challenge – Work within a fast paced ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to volunteer events – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Competitive wages – We offer competitive wages to all Summer Sales Representatives
- Career Progression – Potential for future full-time opportunities in sales, marketing, supply chain and more. The possibilities are endless!
Molson Coors: Building Careers Since 1786
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee’s ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10