OverviewModis Front-End Visual Design Developer Part Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Front-End Visual Design Developer
Responsive web design. Strong knowledge of web standards,and cross-browser development. Understanding of current Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0…
Position/Title: Front-End Visual Design Developer
Length: 2-3 months
Start Date: ASAP
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please respond with:
• Rate & Availability
to: [email protected]
Please note that your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
File #: 2015.1186 FILE 11-024-15-0066
Introduction & Background:
The City of Calgary Web & Digital Services (WDS) team develops, oversees and manages The City’s online presence. They are responsible for maintaining and facilitating Calgary.ca along with various microsites and applications.
Location of Work
205 – 8th Ave SE
Front-end Visual Design Developer
Previous experience in (shown through portfolio and documents):
• Strong design portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise across digital, interface and graphic design, responsive web design, typography, navigation and iconography.
• Superior knowledge working with the latest versions of Mac OS, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Understanding of user-centered design best practices
• Ability to visualize and verbalize your ideas to teams and clients
• Have an understanding of technologies and how they can help and hinder your design solutions
• Facilitation skills when working with cross functional teams
• Passionate about all aspects of interactive design and a keen eye for details
• Understanding of current Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
• Experience designing for enterprise or social products
• Strong knowledge of web standards,and cross-browser development
• Webtrends and Google Analytics
• Mobile Design & Development
• Experience with APIs
• Experience using ReactJS, Angular JS and SASS/LESS
Project Scope and Project Objectives:
The City is seeking a UX Front-end Visual Developer who can work in an agile environment with multiple subject matter experts to create a visual implementation of The City of Calgary’s Ward and Councillor websites based on an exisiting mock ups and design direction. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Front-end website design and development
• Analyze results of previous UX testing and information
• Transitioning prototypes into a final user interface design
The Front-end Visual Design Developer will be embedded within the Web and Digital Services team and work closely with the various subject matter experts (SME’s) throughout The Corporation.
Required is an experienced and skilled design contactor to work on the visual design implementation of The City of Calgary’s Ward and Councillor websites.
Responsibilities will include:
• interface and graphic design
• responsive web design
• mobile design
• template creation
The chosen candidate will work with a project team from The City of Calgary. The candidate will integrate within The City of Calgary Corporate Marketing Project Management & Web and Digital Services group and will need to be available in person in the office Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm MST. The City will provide office space and required hardware and software.
2015 August to 2015 October
“Modis is one of the world’s largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services.”
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16