OverviewMNP LLP Administrative Assistant (Term Position) Contract in Abbotsford, BC
Branch Abbotsford BC CA
Administrative Assistant (Term Position)
Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle….
Most professional services firms will tell you what they are, but at MNP, we’re most proud of what we’re not. MNP is not a firm with limits. Entrepreneurial in nature, your insight and ideas, the kind that have helped us to become one of the fastest growing firms in Canada, are welcomed, listened to and acted on. We reward results and support the direction you want to take your career. MNP is not a firm with empty promises. Our definition of balanced lifestyle means fostering an environment that lets you thrive at work and make the most of your life outside the office.
Ultimately, it’s what we’re ‘not’ that we’re most proud of and we’re certain you’ll value this most as part of our team.
Be part of the momentum at MNP, as we are seeking an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist for a one year maternity leave. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Strategically supporting the firm, our Administration team anticipates the needs of our team members and Partners. We effectively communicate information for service lines, industry and specialty groups, and operations at all levels throughout the firm. Our administrators support initiatives and ensure efficiency, allowing MNP to better serve our clients and people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Performance Expectations
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical office support activities for multiple staff
- Field incoming calls and direct visitors
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and couriers
- Receive, organize and expedite outgoing mail and couriers
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Create, maintain and update spreadsheets
- Input data; assist with AP and petty cash
- Assist in the creation of presentations
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Manage and coordinate multiple calendars
- Maintain office supplies
- Related post-secondary education in Administration an asset
- 2-4 years of related administrative experience
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
TOTAL REWARDS Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Abbotsford, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30