Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2015-08-16
Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre Care Coordinator – Access Care Team #1-2 Part Time in Mississauga, ON
Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Care Coordinator – Access Care Team #1-2
If social worker, medical social work experience required. A registered health or social work professional including:….
- Assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and reviewing patient needs and services to ensure they follow Ministry of Health legislation and MHCCAC policies and procedures
- Providing information to patients and referrals to alternate community resources
- The Access Care Team assesses patients, primarily by telephone, who are routinely discharged from hospitals in our catchment area, contact the organization directly or who are referred by their family physician.
- A registered health or social work professional including: registered nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech language pathologist, or social worker
- A member in good standing with the applicable regulatory body:
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- A University degree preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum two years recent experience in community health or a related field; if social worker, medical social work experience required.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable motor vehicle essential
- Automobile insurance that covers driving for business purposes and a minimum liability of $1,000,000 required
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages an asset
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume directly to Recruitment Specialist Marilyn Gaul at [email protected] .