OverviewMinistry of Transportation ETS COORDINATOR (2) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Ministry of Transportation
Branch Toronto ON CA
ETS COORDINATOR (2)
An enhanced screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense and permission for the Negotiations…
Consider this challenging opportunity with the Corporate Services Division where you will ensure the security and transportation of various high-profile clients and important documents in a safe and timely manner.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• Provide technical support in emerging technologies by researching and assisting in implementation of software to enhance service delivery.
• Coordinate the ETS dispatch function by liaising with clients to determine and plan all aspects of their trip.
• Think quickly on to our feet to solve practical problems, react quickly to changing circumstances, and multi-task in a fast paced environment
Note: You may be required to fill in for chauffeurs in high-demand circumstances.
How do I qualify?
• You possess a valid Ontario Class “G’ or ‘F’ Driver’s Licence.
• You have knowledge of internal administrative and scheduling processes related to service delivery of the fleet management database and ensure services meet clients’ needs.
• You have advanced knowledge of security procedures and practices in order to endure the overall safety and confidentiality of the ETS, clients and confidential government documents en route.
• You have knowledge of operating requirements for various types of vehicles, vehicle technology and fleet management to ensure sound decisions are made and proper maintenance is conducted.
• You have knowledge of First aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation techniques.
• You utilize written communication skills to operate fleet management systems, develop spreadsheets and database applications, and generate regular and ad hoc reports using software applications.
• You have knowledge of emerging technologies in the area of communication equipment (i.e. cellular devices, voice and electronic mail, GPS navigational devices) in order to maintain contact with clients and Chauffeur/Special Assistants en route.
• You have strong oral communication, tact and negotiation skills when discussing/delivering services to clients and Cabinet office courier service provider, interact with contacts when responding to clients regarding potentially sensitive/volatile situations.
• You have strong organizational skills, including punctuality, attention to detail and portraying a professional appearance at all times while chauffeuring and assisting clients.
• You have demonstrated planning and organizational skills to coordinate, implement, assign, and prioritize work and work priorities.
Problem Solving Skills:
• You have strong problem-solving skills to solve practical problems, react quickly to changing circumstances, and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• You have the ability to work within a high pressure environment with constantly changing priorities and respond to urgent requests in a short time frames.
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Administrative and Support Services
Thursday, July 30, 2015
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to provide a general or enhanced screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above on this job advertisement to determine the screening check that is required for each position.
A general screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense. An enhanced screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense and permission for the Negotiations & Security Branch , Employee Relations Division to conduct any specific screening as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above.
A record of a Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check results will only be reviewed and evaluated by the Negotiations & Security Branch for the purpose of making a clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the Negotiations & Security Branch and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, August 14, 2015 11:59 pm EDT . Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01