OverviewMinistry of the Attorney General LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY( IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (2) Temporary in London, ON
Ministry of the Attorney General
Branch London ON CA
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY( IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (2)
For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume:. Legal Secretarial Knowledge:….
A fast-paced, challenging environment and interesting work are just some of the reasons for joining the Crown Attorney’s Office as a Legal Administrative Secretary.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide a full range of administrative secretarial services
• utilize a personal computer to transcribe a variety of documents in proper legal style
• accept service on various documents
• maintain Ontario and Superior Court files
• type Ontario and Superior Court subpoenas
• provide reception duties by answering the telephone and dealing with inquiries at the counter
• provide a variety of clerical services
How do I qualify?
• You can type 50 words per minute and are able to achieve 70% in a series of tests for spelling, word usage and sentence recognition
Legal Secretarial Knowledge:
• You have demonstrated secretarial and administrative experience including knowledge of office procedures
• You have working knowledge of legal terminology and the practices and procedures of the criminal justice system
General Administrative Skills:
• You have the ability to use computer equipment with related software such as Windows, Word, Outlook and related database applications
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills
• You have demonstrated initiative, good judgement and excellent organizational skills
• You have interpersonal skills and experience working effectively as a team member with minimal supervision
- 2 Temporary – Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 80 Dundas St, London, West Region, Enhanced – Criminal Record (CPIC) Check, Intelligence Check, Local Police Record Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Monday, August 17, 2015
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to provide a general or enhanced screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above on this job advertisement to determine the screening check that is required for each position.
A general screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense. An enhanced screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense and permission for the Negotiations & Security Branch , Employee Relations Division to conduct any specific screening as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above.
A record of a Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check results will only be reviewed and evaluated by the Negotiations & Security Branch for the purpose of making a clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the Negotiations & Security Branch and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, August 31, 2015 11:59 pm EDT . Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18