OverviewMinistry of the Attorney General COURT CLERK & REGISTRAR (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (3) Temporary in Windsor, ON
Ministry of the Attorney General
Branch Windsor ON CA
COURT CLERK & REGISTRAR (IRREGULAR ON-CALL) (3)
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and…
Consider this challenging opportunity in the Superior and/or Ontario Court of Justice as an irregular on-call, court clerk and registrar, where you will perform clerical work supporting the operation of criminal, family, civil and other courts.
What can I expect to do in this role? You will complete pre-court, in-court, and post-court work, including preparing the courtroom, administering oaths, recording endorsements and exhibits, and ensuring that courtroom protocol is followed at all times.
Note: This is an irregular on-call category position which works zero to 36.25 hours per week, depending on operational requirements, with no guaranteed hours
How do I qualify? Qualifications: • Organizational skills to prepare and maintain the courtroom, files and exhibits, and to prioritize and plan work effectively;
• flexibility to accommodate constant shifts in focus and changing priorities and work under pressure;
• communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with tact and diplomacy with judiciary, counsel and other stakeholders;
• ability to speak publicly in a courtroom setting; knowledge of the functions and rules of the Superior and/or Ontario Court of Justice, relevant legislation and legal terminology;
• attention to detail to verify and endorse court documents;
• proficiency with computer applications (word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail, Internet and management information systems);
• technical knowledge to use audio and video equipment.
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Temporary – Flexible PartTime, duration up to 12 months, 200 Chatham St E, Windsor, West Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary – Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 200 Chatham St E, Windsor, West Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary – Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months, 245 Windsor Ave, Windsor, West Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Administrative and Support Services
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Windsor, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10