OverviewMinistry of the Attorney General COURT CLERK AND REGISTRAR (2) Temporary in North Bay, ON
Ministry of the Attorney General
Branch North Bay ON CA
COURT CLERK AND REGISTRAR (2)
North Bay, ON
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must…
Consider this challenging opportunity in the Superior and Ontario Court of Justice as a Court Clerk and Registrar, where you will perform clerical work supporting the operation of criminal, family, civil and other courts.
• 1 unilingual position
• 1 bilingual position
What can I expect to do in this role?
You will complete pre-court, in-court, and post-court work, including preparing the courtroom, administering oaths, recording endorsements and exhibits, and ensuring that courtroom protocol is followed at all times.
Please note: there will be occasional travel required to Parry Sound.
How do I qualify?
• valid Ontario driver’s licence
• proficiency in English as well as in oral and written French at the advanced level( for the designated position only)
• organizational skills to prepare and maintain the courtroom, files and exhibits, and to prioritize and plan work effectively
• flexibility to accommodate constant shifts in focus and changing priorities and work under pressure
• communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with tact and diplomacy with judiciary, counsel and other stakeholders
• ability to speak publicly in a courtroom setting; knowledge of the functions and rules of the Superior and Ontario Court or Justice, relevant legislation and legal terminology
• attention to detail to verify and endorse court documents; proficiency with computer applications (word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail, Internet and management information systems)
• technical knowledge to use audio and video equipment
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 360 Plouffe St, North Bay, North Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 360 Plouffe St, North Bay, North Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Monday, August 17, 2015
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to provide a general or enhanced screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above on this job advertisement to determine the screening check that is required for each position.
A general screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense. An enhanced screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense and permission for the Negotiations & Security Branch , Employee Relations Division to conduct any specific screening as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above.
A record of a Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check results will only be reviewed and evaluated by the Negotiations & Security Branch for the purpose of making a clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the Negotiations & Security Branch and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, August 31, 2015 11:59 pm EDT . Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: North Bay, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17