OverviewMinistry of Natural Resources and Forestry RESOURCES CLERK (1) Contract in North Bay, ON
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Branch North Bay ON CA
RESOURCES CLERK (1)
North Bay, ON
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must…
Are you an efficient office administration professional with excellent organizational skills? If so, consider this position with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, Regional Operations Division.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide front-line customer and client services to internal and external clients
• provide a range of administrative and district support services such as: taking meeting minutes, composing routine correspondence, handling incoming and outgoing mail, organizing and maintaining district filing systems, maintaining office supplies and equipment, compiling data and drafting reports
• provide logistical support to district supervisors and teams providing ground to ground or ground to air radio coverage
• undertake corporate searches associated with licences and produce approvals/permits/licences
• assist in the district financial process by receiving revenue, preparing receipts, making bank deposits, entering data, identifying and resolving errors, processing requests for cash float and maintaining district financial records
How do I qualify?
• ability to obtain Restricted Radio/Telephone Operator’s Certificate
Office administration experience:
• demonstrated experience with office administrative duties such as manual and automated filing, purchasing, revenue collection procedures, assets management, tracking correspondence/projects, arranging meetings/travel, maintaining supplies and office equipment
• demonstrated proficiency with computers and software programs such as word-processing, database, electronic mail, internet, spreadsheets, and financial and revenue applications to format and prepare correspondence and reports, input and retrieve data and maintain computerized records
Planning and organizational skills:
• ability to schedule and organize meetings, training sessions, seminars and workshops
• ability to use effective time management skills to organize own workload to ensure deadlines are met
Judgement and analytical skills:
• ability to determine nature and urgency of matters, inquiries and processes in order to prioritize, action or refer accordingly
• ability to identify and resolve discrepancies in reports and financial data
• ability to interpret and apply relevant, policies, procedures, directives, guidelines, regulations and/or statutes
• ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• ability to convey information, respond to inquiries, resolve complaints and issues using tact and diplomacy with clients, the general public and staff
• ability to compose and proofread general correspondence
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, 3301 Trout Lake Rd, North Bay, North Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Administrative and Support Services
Monday, July 27, 2015
How to apply:
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:59 pm EDT . Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: North Bay, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31