OverviewMinistry of Municipal Affairs and Housing TRANSFER PAYMENT ANALYST (1) Contract in Toronto, ON
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Branch Toronto ON CA
TRANSFER PAYMENT ANALYST (1)
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must…
The Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing is looking for an organized and experienced individual to perform a variety of accounting and financial analyses activities in support of transfer payment programs.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Manager, Transfer Payment Accountability Unit you will:
• advise clients, stakeholders, and internal staff on issues with specific transfer payment programs, particularly the payment in lieu of taxes program
• coordinate processing of transfer payments
• reconcile budget accounting through the lntegrated Financial Information System (IFIS)
• prepare financial reports
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of property assessment and taxation practices to assist with the payment in lieu of tax program.
• You have knowledge of the structure of municipalities, transfer payment processes, municipal accounting guidelines and accounts receivable activities to ensure proper cash flow to municipalities.
• You have the ability to apply relevant legislation related to the delivery of the Branch’s programs (such as the Municipal Tax Assistance Act, the Municipal Act etc.) to verify spending authorization, and to ensure proper processing of transfer payments and recoveries.
• You have knowledge of accounting, financial management and management information principles to maintain an expenditure monitoring system and perform data analysis.
• You can review reports and explain patterns, expenditure variances and trends.
• You can develop cash flow forecasts and projections to identify problem areas.
Communication and problem-solving skills:
• You have reasoning and problem-solving skills to analyse information and monitor business plans and transfer payments.
• You can provide advice and guidance to client ministries on transfer payment policies, directives and guidelines.
• You have written communication skills to design reports which facilitate reading and use of substantial amounts of data.
• You have interpersonal skills to provide advice and guidance to peers and clients on ensuring compliance with transfer payment policies.
• You are proficient in using financial databases (eg. IFIS), and report generation software (eg. Discoverer) to produce financial reports.
• You can use personal computer and mainframe applications including spreadsheet, database and word processing applications.
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Finance and Economics
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
How to apply:
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, June 3, 2015 11:59 pm EDT . Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23