OverviewMinistry of Health and Long-Term Care I&IT TELECOM TEAM LEAD (1) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Branch Toronto ON CA
I&IT TELECOM TEAM LEAD (1)
Unified communications) and legacy telecommunications services, to lead the planning and delivery of telecommunications services to the OPS….
Are you looking for your next career move in IT? If so, consider joining our team in the role of I&IT Telecommunications Team Lead, Health Services I&IT Cluster, Technology Management and Solutions Integration Branch, where you will lead the coordination and planning of telecommunications services within the goals and objectives of the I&IT strategy, and provide leadership and technical expertise in supporting, deploying and managing data networks and telecommunications services for the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
What can I expect to do in this role? In this role you will:
• Manage and oversee the delivery of telecommunications services for the Enterprise/Cluster/Client including consultation, complex provisioning, vendor management and performance management.
• Manage the incident management procedures and processes when network failures or severe performance problems arise, and manages issues through to resolution.
• Identify, recommend, and deploy new services, ensuring that such telecommunication services meet business objectives.
• Provide group leadership and day-to-day direction to staff responsible for telecommunications service delivery priorities.
• Identify and analyze performance and service delivery trends and issues, and evaluate and report on the achievement of cost and quality objectives.
How do I qualify? Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: • You can conceptualize and evaluate I&IT options, solutions and performance metrics.
• You can analyze and evaluate implications of existing procedures and corporate directions.
• You can identify end–user needs, balance competing user demands and system security requirements, and internal and external constraints, while ensuring data integrity and compatibility.
• You can lead/participate in the analysis and evaluation of new enterprise strategic/operational planning and policies/standards for network mobile telecommunications technology.
• You can evaluate and recommend acceptable system architecture designs considering all related technology issues.
Communication Skills: • You can prepare submissions, planning documents, reports, briefing materials and correspondence.
• You can prepare presentations, interview clients and explain technical concepts to audiences who may not be familiar with I&IT concepts and terminology.
• You can use persuasion, tact, diplomacy, and negotiating skills to work with vendors, internal service partners and clients to resolve I&IT service problems, including major service disruptions, developing permanent solutions and maintaining stable operational communications.
• You can act as liaison and expert adviser with all levels of senior management and clients.
Technical Knowledge: • You have knowledge of telecommunications services such as data network operations, mobile radio, Internet Protocol based services (e.g. unified communications) and legacy telecommunications services, to lead the planning and delivery of telecommunications services to the OPS.
• You have knowledge of industry standard programming language, and technology trends, to lead the resolution of architecture, analysis and design, and engineering challenges.
• You have knowledge of current and emerging mobile telecommunications strategies, plans, and directives, including hardware platforms, software, networks, databases, applications common business systems, technology infrastructure and operational services.
• You have the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of Government IT standards, and policies governing networks, security, and information technology, to manage the oversight of customer service, network performance, and planning activities for network access service.
Project Management Knowledge: • You have knowledge of telecommunications concepts, technology, trends and developments, to plan and coordinate installations, ensure operating plans for telecommunications services are integrated with all operating environments, and to provide technical advice and direction to systems professionals/vendors.
• You have project management knowledge, to plan or participate in, co-ordinate, lead and deliver projects for developing IT solutions.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 9 months, 5700 Yonge St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Friday, December 2, 2016
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-04