OverviewMinistry of Health and Long-Term Care AMBULANCE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – IRREGULARLY SCHEDULED/ON-CALL (4) Temporary in Barrie, ON
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Branch Barrie ON CA
AMBULANCE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – IRREGULARLY SCHEDULED/ON-CALL (4)
You must be able to successfully complete Windows computer-based training followed by Ambulance Communications Officer provincial certification….
Challenging opportunities exist in the Emergency Health Services Branch, Ambulance Communication Centre. These positions are available for dedicated individuals to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment.
Irregular Scheduled – On-Call: Requires working on an as-needed basis with no guarantee of number of hours worked.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Process 9-1-1 emergency and non-emergency requests for ambulance service.
• Direct ambulance movements.
• Provide pre-arrival instructions.
• Communicate with individuals under stress.
• Operate complex computer-aided telecommunications equipment.
How do I qualify?
• You must possess typing skills at 35 w.p.m. with 90% accuracy.
• You must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal record check.
• You must be able to possess a valid standard first-aid and targeted responder CPR Certificate.
• You must be able to successfully complete Windows computer-based training followed by Ambulance Communications Officer provincial certification.
MULTI-TASKING AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS:
• Proven multi-tasking skills and the ability to coordinate a variety of activities.
• Demonstrated organizational and memory recall skills.
• Ability to maintain control under pressure and use professional judgment.
ANALYTICAL AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
• Proven critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and information.
• Proven ability to handle situations in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills.
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficient in computer software and computer based telecommunications applications.
• Understanding of spatial concepts and can read maps, calculate time, distance and movement.
- 4 Temporary – Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 102 Commerce Park Dr, Barrie, Central Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Health and Social Services
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to provide a general or enhanced screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above on this job advertisement to determine the screening check that is required for each position.
A general screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense. An enhanced screening check includes a criminal record check and if applicable, fingerprint verification at your own expense and permission for the Negotiations & Security Branch , Employee Relations Division to conduct any specific screening as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above.
A record of a Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check results will only be reviewed and evaluated by the Negotiations & Security Branch for the purpose of making a clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the Negotiations & Security Branch and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 6, 2015 11:59 pm EDT . Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23