OverviewMinistry of Education HELPER, FOOD SERVICE (1) Temporary in Brantford, ON
Ministry of Education
Branch Brantford ON CA
HELPER, FOOD SERVICE (1)
Maintain cleanliness of food services area, equipment/utensils. Demonstrated experience working in a large volume food services environment….
The Ministry of Education, W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind, requires a Helper, Food Service.
What can I expect to do in this role? In this role you will:
• Assist in the preparation of food
• Serve prepared meals
• Maintain cleanliness of food services area, equipment/utensils
• Ensure that food services equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner
• Perform other duties related to the operation of a large school cafeteria
How do I qualify? Skills and Qualifications: • Demonstrated experience working in a large volume food services environment
• Experience operating commercial /institutional food preparation equipment
• Knowledge of food handling/preparation techniques and sanitation standards
• Knowledge of basic food preparation including the ability to prepare simples meals, soups, salads, sandwiches, etc;
• Knowledge of good hygiene and health and safety regulations
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to work shifts and perform physical work
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Temporary – Seasonal, duration up to 10 months, 350 Brant Ave, Brantford, West Region, Enhanced – Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Health and Social Services
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brantford, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08