OverviewMinistry of Community and Social Services CASEWORKER (2) Temporary in North Bay, ON
Ministry of Community and Social Services
Branch North Bay ON CA
North Bay, ON
Health and Social Services. Customer Service and Communication Skills. Provide customer service and consultation to clients….
Are you highly motivated and client-centered? Consider this opportunity to respond to inquiries and provide program information to a diverse clientele, the public, advocacy groups and agencies.
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
• provide customer service and consultation to clients
• collect and evaluate information to determine eligibility for ODSP Income and Employment Supports
• make adjustments to entitlements and resolve conflict situations
• explain legislation and ministry initiatives
• prepare a range of communication materials
• plan and deliver information sessions to clients and stakeholders, on community-based employment supports
How do I qualify? Mandatory • For the bilingual positions you must be proficient in English and advanced level oral French.
Customer Service and Communication Skills • you can provide effective customer service to clients with disabilities
• you have the ability to liaise with community agencies, provide information to clients, and resolve conflict situations
• you have effective communication and consulting skills to write clear, concise reports and conduct information sessions
• you demonstrate sensitivity towards diversity/inclusion of applicants/clients and co-workers
• you have interviewing skills to conduct interviews with clients by phone or in person
• you have effective listening skills to determine client needs and make appropriate referrals
Knowledge • you have knowledge of community services, resources, policies, programs and issues/barriers affecting clients with disabilities
• you have knowledge of labour market trends
• you are able to interpret and apply legislation in order to review/determine program eligibility and identify infractions
Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills • you demonstrate planning and organizational skills to set priorities, work within time constraints and meet deadlines
• you have demonstrated analytical skills to collect, document and evaluate information
• you are able to work in a team environment
Note Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 621 Main St W, North Bay, North Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 621 Main St W, North Bay, North Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Health and Social Services
Monday, December 5, 2016
- This ad is also available in French.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: North Bay, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07