OverviewMinistry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs CORPORATE CONTROLLER (1) Contract in Guelph, ON
Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Branch Guelph ON CA
CORPORATE CONTROLLER (1)
You have expert knowledge of the principles and practices of financial management, modern controllership, budgeting and business planning….
Are you a strong leader looking for a new challenge?
The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs seeks a dynamic, experienced and results-oriented professional to provide strategic leadership in the development and delivery of its financial controllership and accounting policies, processes and services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• serve as the ministry chief accountant and controller in accordance with central agency requirements
• develop and maintain strong working relationships with ministry partners
• provide senior level strategic advice and analysis related to ministry and program financial activities, internal controls and financial controllership issues
• plan and manage Ministry systems, processes and standards in the areas of corporate accounting, controllership, financial planning, fiscal management and financial management for the ministry, ministry-funded agencies and crown agencies
• develop and manage the concepts of modern controllership and oversee the implementation of new/revised financial directives and/or processes within the ministry
• provide controllership functions and tools for the ministry by ensuring that the ministry policies for purchasing, travel, payment authorities and processes are consistent with central agency directives
• lead, manage and motivate staff and foster a learning environment
How do I qualify?
• You hold an applicable accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CA or RPA).
Managerial and leadership skills:
• You have experience providing strategic direction and guidance to staff and/or project teams.
• You have experience fostering an environment of high performance, learning, growth and continuous improvement.
• You have experience establishing strategic objectives and work plans to meet current and future priorities.
• You have experience managing projects, effectively utilizing resources and prioritizing tasks to deliver results.
• You have a proven track record of demonstrating accountability, respect, fairness, integrity as well as innovation and creativity.
Communication and relationship building skills:
• You have excellent collaborative, communication, customer service and relationship management skills
• You have demonstrated negotiation/facilitation experience and well-developed organizational awareness.
• You have experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with executives and staff at all levels.
• You can promote and gain client support, cooperation and participation on financial projects and initiatives.
• You are able to apply political acuity in the management of complex, sensitive and high-profile issues.
• You have expert knowledge of the principles and practices of financial management, modern controllership, budgeting and business planning.
• You have expert knowledge of public sector accounting, Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) policies, as well as reporting and auditing standards as established by the PSAB.
• You have financial expertise to provide complex and comprehensive analysis to assess business implications of corporate priorities, strategies and directions.
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 24 months, 1 Stone Rd, Guelph, West Region
Management Compensation Plan
Finance and Economics
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
How to apply:
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 9, 2015 11:59 pm EDT . Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18