Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-07-26
Michael Garron Hospital Protection Agent – SECUR1806 Full Time in Toronto, ON
Michael Garron Hospital
Branch Toronto ON CA
Protection Agent – SECUR1806
Community College Law Enforcement and Security Diploma preferred. The Protection Agent is responsible and accountable for the safety and security for all…
The Protection Agent is responsible and accountable for the safety and security for all members of the hospital community which includes staff, patients and visitors. The Protection Agent is responsible for the safeguarding all building occupants as wel l as all hospital property.
- High School Diploma required.
- Community College Law Enforcement and Security Diploma preferred.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates must be provided.
- Must have a current Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Secur ity Guard license (Security Guard or Dual type). ***Applications will not be considered without proof of license.
- Previous security experience, preferably in a health care environment.
- Excellent conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Criminal Co de of Canada, Trespass to Property Act and Powers of Arrest.
- Previous experience with CCTV and DVR systems is an asset.
- Ability to walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with mentally ill p atients.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontari o.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
The Advantages of Working at MGH
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Patient-focused Care
- Shared Governance
- Professional Practice Development
- Open Communication Practices
- New Graduate Opportunities
To apply, please click the "Apply here" button, complete an external application form and email it to [email protected]
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.