OverviewMetroland Media Accounting Administrator Full Time in Hamilton, ON
Branch Hamilton ON CA
In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request….
The Hamilton Spectator has been the leading provider of information since 1846. It publishes a printed newspaper in the morning, Monday – Saturday, and provides continuously updated news 24/7/365 via thespec.com website www.thespec.com/hamilton/ The Hamilton Spectator provides award-winning journalism, and is committed to making continuous contributions to the neighbourhoods and communities it serves.
Serving Hamilton and the surrounding area including: Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Ancaster, Dunnvlle, Smithville, Dundas, Stoney Creek, Grimsby, St. Catharines, Fonthill, Niagara Falls, Welland, Binbrook, Beamsville, Cambridge, Guelph, Caledonia, Hagersville, Jarvis and Port Dover. In the summer months, The Spectator also reaches the Grey-Bruce peninsula and Muskoka region.
We are looking for a hard working individual that is interested the position as an Accounting Administrator. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting Services, this position resides at our Hamilton location.
- First point of contact in a customer service role, answering general phone inquiries and providing solutions with a professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible for the analysis, maintenance and processing of customer accounts on a daily basis, daily verification of billing and balancing revenues.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of important documents in the filing system.
- Input information and accurately updating data on spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Generating and managing reports using various account systems.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is a PCI compliant company and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree or Diploma in Administration or in related field.
- Highly competent in mathematics and reconciliations.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as well as a competent listener.
- Customer focused professional with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Capable of taking initiative and can work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23