OverviewMetro Vancouver Utility Worker I Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Utility Worker I
Assists operations and maintenance staff in performing tasks such as minor construction, building forms, mixing concrete, grounds maintenance, brush cutting,…
The Utility Worker I performs a wide variety of labour duties related to the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and civil (minor construction, sewer flushing, flow monitoring) maintenance of our operating assets across the region.
Please note: Successful candidates will be placed on an eligibility list to fill future temporary assignments.
• Assists operations and maintenance staff in performing tasks such as minor construction, building forms, mixing concrete, grounds maintenance, brush cutting, channel clearing, etc.
• Operates ancillary equipment such as trucks, small tractors, lawnmowers, brush saws, weed eaters.
• Operates compressors, pneumatic tools, electrical power tools, chain saws.
• Performs site preparation and painting work.
• Works in confined spaces and conducts safety monitor duties as required.
• Assists in leak and/or other emergency repairs.
• Obtains tools and parts from warehouses.
• Pickup and delivery from suppliers.
• Works in compliance with all Metro Vancouver safety policies, procedures and WorkSafeBC regulations.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Ability to operate power and pneumatic tools. Mechanical ability and construction aptitude.
• Ability to work in confined spaces and demonstrate safety awareness. Physically capable of performing work duties and willingness and ability to perform shift work.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• A valid B.C. driver’s license.
$26.97/hr plus 6.25% deferred compensation.
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23