OverviewMetafore Senior Project Manager (Data Centre Migration) Contract in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Senior Project Manager (Data Centre Migration)
University graduation in business, management, computer sciences, or information technology (IT) or a related discipline and four years related experience;…
City / Ville
Title / Titre
Senior Project Manager (Data Centre Migration)
Start Date: April 1, 2015
End Date: March 31, 2016 (with the possibility, at the option of the client, of 2 extensions each lasting up to 1 year)
Our Edmonton government client is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for this long-term contract role.
The Senior Project Manager will provide project management for the migration of Ministry applications to more robust data centres.
Description of Services
- Compile project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable program/project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved. Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction – manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
- Work with project sponsors to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
- Develop project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans for completion of project tasks.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks.
- Interface with Strategic Projects Manager and ETIS executive, complete weekly status reporting, and demonstrate accountability for working within project scope and budget.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction – manage peer-level client relationships (expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation, feedback, etc.).
- Overcome hurdles including conflicting interests, political biases, and resistance to organizational change to ensure win-win solutions.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget
- Work with project sponsors to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for committees, teams and project team members and to ensure the roles are appropriately resourced for the project duration
- Lead and/or attend regularly scheduled steering committee and status meetings throughout the project life cycle. Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources. Facilitate closure of issues that cannot be resolved by project teams.
- Develop and maintain a project work schedule with activities, timelines, critical paths and resource requirements. Manage all activities against the project work schedule for the project duration. Review assigned tasks according to work plans with responsible team members.
- Closely monitor project status against the plan, identify and manage variances via the project governance structure. Proactively monitor project progress and implement mechanisms, such as change control, to keep the project on track.
- In collaboration with project sponsors, assess whether the project achieved stated outcomes. Identify what changes can improve the implementation process and outcome of future similar projects.
- The proposed resource must meet or exceed the following combination of education or certification and experience in the resource role:
- University graduation in business, management, computer sciences, or information technology (IT) or a related discipline and four years related experience; OR
- Two-year diploma in business, management, computer sciences, or IT or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and six years related experience; OR
- A one-year certificate in business, management, computer sciences, or IT or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and seven years related experience; OR
- A currently active professional certification or accreditation in a related discipline from a recognized issuing body and seven years related experience
- Experience managing a minimum of three infrastructure projects for an organization , or an organization’s customers, of equivalent size and complexity to the Government of Alberta (Yes/No)
- Experience as a Project Manager initiating, planning, controlling and closing projects (8 years)
- Experience successfully implementing IT solutions in a matrix environment. (8 years)
- Experience identifying, analyzing and managing project risks on large, complex IT projects. (8 years)
- Experience with complex IT service delivery. (8 years)
- Experience working in a government environment (5 years)
- Currently active PMP or PgMP Certification as issued by the Project Management Institute or equivalent. (Yes/No)
- Currently active PfMP Certification as issued by the Project Management Institute or equivalent. (Yes/No)
- Experience in leading projects where multiple stakeholders are impacted. (8 years)
- Experience working on a domain integration (of equivalent size and complexity to the Government of Alberta domain) e.g. for applications migration. (Yes/No)
- Experience with the following or similar phases for a project that is part of a program executed for multiple clients (Yes/No):
- Pre planning
- Client engagement
- Proposal development
- Proposal signoff
- Post implementation review
- Communication experience with multiple organizational levels and stakeholders (e.g. written/verbal, developing and communicating presentations, project documentation) (8 years)
- Experience using interpersonal skills for negotiations and effective consensus building. (Yes/No)
- Experience in performing estimation exercises in multi-stakeholder environments. (8 years)
- Experience working in a self-directed and in a team environment. (8 years)
- Experience in MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and other office products. (5 years)
- Available to start on April 1, 2015. (Yes/No)
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as required (Yes/No)
- Experience working for or in the public sector (Yes/No)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23