OverviewMetafore Infrastructure Analyst Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Knowledge and focused on ITIL 3.0 processes within an IT Technical Services environment. Point of contact for Tier 2 & 3 support….
City / Ville
Country / Pays
Title / Titre
The Infrastructure Analyst II includes supporting the current infrastructure environment, working closely with the architecture, DBA and development teams and acting as a resource on special projects. Core technologies at a high level include Microsoft Windows, SQL, VMware, SCCM/SCOM, Citrix and Exchange. This role requires skilled utilization of tools and technologies for hardware, software, and/or middleware support. Responsibilities may also include maintaining and supporting storage and backup solutions
- Provide, diagnose and resolve hardware and software related problems as they relate to the Customer infrastructure and Solution Delivery Services team projects
- Along with members of the Infrastructure Team, takes responsibility in the installation and maintenance of Microsoft Windows server operating system and third party software products as these relate to projects on servers, both virtual and physical platforms
- Perform scheduled and routine maintenance on servers, hardware and enterprise applications and responding to infrastructure incidents as per defined Service Levels
- Point of contact for Tier 2 & 3 support
- May be required to work with external vendors and contractors (projects and operational support)
- Actively participate in the planning, strategy and implementation of the Customer server infrastructure
- Actively participate as a Team Member to assigned internal and external projects defined by the IS operational plan.
- Actively participate in weekly Operational, Project, & Change Management meetings.
Prepare and maintain documentation relating to inventory, administrative procedures, disaster recovery planning, and operational procedures as they relate to the delivery of network servers and software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 4 years related progressive experience or, a Computer Technology Diploma with a minimum of 6 years related progressive experience.
- Experience as a server or infrastructure team resource in project implementation. This includes reviewing requirements, participating in the recommendation of server configurations, following installation best practices and creating documentation.
- At least one of the following certifications: ANY Storage certification (EMC, NetApp, etc), VCP, MCITP, MCSE, CCA
- Experience with automation of OS deployment and application installations using tools such as; SCCM, Powershell, VBScripting, Remote Deployment tools
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in three or more of the following:
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems 20XX
- VMware Virtualization Infrastructure – ESX 5.1, 5.5 (configuration, provisioning and support)
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy (enterprise level preferred)
- Exchange 2010 / 2007
- SCCM/SCOM 2012 / 2007
- BES 10 / 5
- CITRIX XenApp 6.5/5.0
- IIS configuration / implementation, certificates
- SAN/NAS storage (EMC VNX/Clariion/Celerra, VBlock)
- Backup/Replication (Netbackup, Avamar, Data Domain, RecoverPoint)
- Fibre channel switches and zoning concepts
- V-Block hardware (Blades and Rack-optimized)
- Development, testing and execution of disaster recovery plans
- Additional knowledge with the following considered an asset:
- SQL Server 2012/2008/2005
- Knowledge and focused on ITIL 3.0 processes within an IT Technical Services environment
- Citrix Mobility
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24