OverviewMeridian Credit Union Quality Assurance Analyst – 14 Month Contract Temporary in St. Catharines, ON
Meridian Credit Union
Branch St. Catharines ON CA
Quality Assurance Analyst – 14 Month Contract
St. Catharines, ON
3+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance Analyst role. Participate in the defined Quality Assurance processes to ensure all standards are met….
Purpose of the Job:
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst participates in the test execution of software applications. The QA Analyst verifies that applications function according to requirements. In this role, you will review requirements for changes to applications; create test plans and test scripts; execute tests manually and/or using automated testing tool; and log and manage defects in the defect tracking tool.
The incumbent must have experience in a QA role.
Management and Decision Making
- Participate in the defined Quality Assurance processes to ensure all standards are met
- Contribute to decision making based on the defect reporting and overall quality standards
- Participate in the creation of QA test scripts within the automated test tool
- Analyze functional specs for completeness and testability
- Analyze test output, identify discrepancies and clearly document defects
- Collaborate with other areas within IT to identify and improve testing processes, tools and approaches
- Resolve issues and escalate to others as appropriate
- Liaise extensively with internal clients and IT team members (Developers, BA’s and QA’s)
- Ability to explain testing methodology, processes, tools, templates, environment & concepts to team members
- Understand and be able to explain basic design components and methodology
- Responsible for rerunning scripts to minimize the risk of causing errors for other QA’
- Authority level to raise issues to maximize value to the organization
- Responsible for ensuring the generic scripts are available and meet the needs of QA staff
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong automated testing skills
- SDLC & QA methodologies expertise
- Keen attention to detail
- Write test strategies and test plans that document testing approach to include: number/type of test cycles required, existing test scripts to use/update, new test scripts to write, environment requirements, and backend system testing
- Black-box testing
- Perform scheduled, functional testing, integration & regression testing.
- I nteracting with relational databases to create and validate test data results
- Skills in designing and executing technical validation scripts to validate data flows across systems
- 3+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance Analyst role
- 3+ years writing automated testing scripts using HP Quick Test Professional & Load Runner
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability using SQL including database restoration, writing and executing script
- ISTQB certified
- Solid understanding of the System Development Life Cycle
- Clear understanding of testing methodologies
Inspired. Engaged. Impactful.
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union. Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.
Follow us on Twitter at
Connect with us on LinkedIn:
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Saint Catharines, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22