OverviewMerck KGaA Patient Access & Government Affairs Manager – Western Canada Full Time in Alberta
Branch AB CA
Patient Access & Government Affairs Manager – Western Canada
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to…
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company – focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Patient Access & Government Affairs Manager – Western Canada
Director, Patient Access and Government Affairs
Patient Access and Government Affairs
# OF REPORTS
0 Direct Report(s)
0 Total Department
EMD Serono is looking for a motivated individual who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, focused on uncovering opportunities and building strong partnerships with key stakeholders. Reporting to the Director, Patient Access and Government Affairs, the ideal candidate will be a strategic member of the Patient Access and Government Affairs team, in the role supporting the Western Canada provinces. The focus of the role will be to optimize patient access to EMD Serono’s commercial products and services, and further the company’s public policy goals. The successful candidate will have the capacity to competently work with internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive the strategy of the business.
- Lead in fostering and developing patient access strategies, with a particular focus on translating clinical and health economics data into compelling arguments for optimal reimbursement (pricing and positioning on formulary) of existing and new EMD products.
- Lead local evidence value demonstration: clinical, cost-benefit/budget impact and burden of disease arguments, among others as needed.
- Develop market access strategies for new business opportunities and neurology and oncology products at the regional level and, with select products, at the national level.
- Develop formulary listing submissions for public payers, private insurers and occasionally large employers (this may include responding to RFPs/RFIs and tenders).
- Identify, manage and leverage patient and stakeholder communities who share a common interest and objective with EMD in improving access or shaping policy.
- Design, lead and implement patient access initiatives, aligned to patient advocacy, education and awareness programs and campaigns.
- Leverage intelligence and relationships developed through advocacy and community relations to support broader patient access and commercial strategies, such as market expansion through designing a favourable (reimbursement) environment.
- Instill knowledge and understanding of local issues, and government dynamics to support government affairs activities in the Western Canada provinces.
- Develop and lead discreet projects that support strategic plans of Patient Access and Government Affairs, our current commercial businesses and our future pipeline businesses.
- Build, collaborate and maintain strong partnerships with internal teams (local & global) and with external stakeholders and agencies.
- Deliver value to government and the healthcare ecosystem that distinguishes our brand from the competition (eg. Cost savings, R&D, health innovations, partnership)
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education & Language
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (sciences, economics, political science, or public administration)
- Post-graduate experience an asset (in a related field – e.g. Health Economics)
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset but not a requirement
- 5+ years’ experience in pharma/biotech, public healthcare (hospital, health region or authority) or government (with a focus on public health)
- Demonstrated experience in Government Affairs or Market Access preferred, with specific experience in the development of access/formulary listing submissions to government and other payers
- Targeted experience in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Neurology, Fertility, Endocrinology
- Specific experience developing market access strategies for Oncology products
- Strong understanding of current pharmaceutical industry payer environment
- Experience bringing products through the formulary submissions and pricing process (navigating CADTH: CDR/pCODR; and the PCPA)
- A commitment to IMC Code of Conduct and Health Canada rules and regulations governing communication to HCP and non-HCP community stakeholders
- Politically astute with strong facilitation, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid personal organizational skills with the ability to manage work independently and in partnership with teams & key stakeholders
- Influence without authority
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills
- Ability to make concise decision with sound judgement
- Willingness to travel approximately 20 % of the time
- Computer Knowledge: Word, Excel, Power Point
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06