OverviewMercedes-Benz Canada Inventory & Logistics Manager Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Inventory & Logistics Manager
Experience in an automotive distribution or retail environment or fleet vehicle sales. You love our brand and have the drive to learn about the automotive…
Inventory & Logistics Manager
: Mercedes-Benz Canada needs fans like you
What it means to be a fan
Everything starts with fans . Mercedes-Benz Canada is the number one automotive company in Canada, four years in a row. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastically devoted to Mercedes-Benz. You love our brand and have the drive to learn about the automotive industry. You’re impressed with the Mercedes-Benz legacy and can easily identify with what the star represents. And you’re eager to live Mercedes-Benz values and are ready to add to the story.
How your role will add to the story:
We’re looking for an Inventory & Logistics Manager. You will be expected to manage vehicle allocation and configurations. You’ll also be overseeing all aspects of vehicle logistics within our Toronto Retail Group (TRG) including oversight of third party vehicles. This is a highly analytical role with significant emphasis on proactive solutions to mitigate product delays and equipment shortages. You will report directly to the Manager, Retail Operations & Strategy, and will also have the opportunity to work with the inventory & logistics coordinator, the inventory & logistics analyst as well as our Regional Office/Head Office.
A day in the life:
- On most days you’ll oversee vehicle logistics within TRG and ensure that the Retail Dealerships have an optimal mix of inventory at all times.
- Some days you’ll organize and lead build committee meetings at each dealership with the General Managers and Sales Managers to ensure vehicle configurations maximize gross profit, minimize days in stock and are consistent with customer expectations.
- There’s always a chance you’ll be involved in identifying strategic opportunities for improvements to current software platforms and work with relevant Head Office teams to recommend and implement changes that improve efficiency, reduce duplicated efforts, etc.
Mercedes-Benz Fan skills, requirements & traits:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business Management, Inventory/Distribution functions
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced MS Excel experience), working knowledge of One-Eighty, CDK, SAP, Dealer Front End (DFE) preferred
- Experience in an automotive distribution or retail environment or fleet vehicle sales
- Experience with inventory control
- Bold, innovative and enjoy challenging yourself
- Honest and professional , a strong team player
- Big picture thinker, go-getter, self-starter
Being a Mercedes-Benz Fan has its perks:
- Certified “Great Place to Work®” organization
- Commitment to inclusion & diversity
- Engaging corporate culture
- Training, development and career growth opportunities
- Benefits to support work-life balance/integration
- A strong portfolio of corporate social responsibility initiatives
- State of the art working facilities
- Vehicle purchase and lease programs
- Comprehensive health, dental, and pension programs
- Recognition rewards and discount programs
Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-03-15