OverviewMercedes-Benz Canada Facilities Project Manager Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Facilities Project Manager
Supporting Approval or Comments on construction drawings and initiatives). Knowledge of Ontario Building Codes and Ministry of Labour Guidelines….
Toronto Retail Group (TRG) is the largest Mercedes-Benz retail group in Canada, comprised of six fully-fledged dealerships, a dedicated sales point, a dedicated passenger car service point, two dedicated Vans sales/service facilities and a Vehicle Reconditioning Centre in the Toronto area.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for conducting or scheduling the repair, upgrade and maintenance of all existing and new TRG facilities.
• Represent the company with a high level of professionalism and courtesy.
• Follow company standards of personal presentation, and adhere to all Mercedes-Benz Canada and Daimler policies including compliance, and integrity standards.
• Comply with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, and health and safety and employment standards
• Represent Toronto Retail Group as single point of contact for coordinating feedback on facility related issues (example: supporting Approval or Comments on construction drawings and initiatives)
• Assist with yearly budget creation and management for Facility related activities within the Toronto Network
• Acts as the primary contact for all regional personnel for any building issues (climate control, damage, emergencies and repairs)
• Coordinate maintenance of H.V.A.C. equipment, inspections, lubrication, filter and belt changes. Seasonal start-ups and shut-downs.
• Coordinate Repairs and adjustments to the facility including walls, doors, windows, hardware, signage, etc.
• Assist with rollout of Market-Wide Retail initiatives (ex: installation of Point of Sale items at retail stores)
• Provide site access, instruction and supervision to service contractors. Ordering and receiving supplies and services.
• Assist with maintaining Security/alarm system maintenance across Network
• Coordinate and schedule facility & equipment inspections. Emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, first-aid supplies, door operation, roof drains, light bulbs, etc.
• Assist with procurement and justification of mechanical equipment including hoists, car wash equipment, etc.
• Monitor contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure that work is completed according to specifications
• Support Single (or minimal number of vendors) sourcing of window cleaning, lawn care, snow removal, and other seasonal issues
• Other duties as required
• Previous experience in a facilities project management role with an understanding of maintenance and mechanical systems.
• Experience in an automotive retail environment is considered an asset
• Strong skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
• Project or Facility Management Certifications an asset (ex: CAPM, CFM )
• Knowledge of Ontario Building Codes and Ministry of Labour Guidelines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Valid G driver’s license with a clean driving record
• On-call availability: 24hr/365 day/yr for emergencies.
Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-11