OverviewMedicine Hat College Construction Project Manager Contract in Medicine Hat, AB
Medicine Hat College
Branch Medicine Hat AB CA
Construction Project Manager
Medicine Hat, AB
This position will work closely with the project architect and general contractors and act as Medicine Hat College’s representative for the Generations East…
Medicine Hat College invites applications for a full-time Construction Project Manager for the Generations East Campus project. The Generations East project will address the needs of Varsity and recreational athletics and amenities, Campus Wellness, and Health Studies critical teaching and learning space. This is a contract position commencing May 2018 until July 2020 .
This position will work closely with the project architect and general contractors and act as Medicine Hat College’s representative for the Generations East Campus project. Responsibilities will include facilitating the development of tender and contract documents, reviewing and recommending contracts, liaising with architects and other members of the project team, attending off and on-site meetings, reviewing work, assisting with contract interpretation and in the resolution of any disputes, reviewing for legislative/regulatory compliance, approving invoices for payment, preparing reports, communication with stakeholders, and organizing the logistics of the physical move(s) into new facilities.
- Diploma in Engineering or Architecture or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Project Management Professional designation is considered an asset.
- Proven working experience in construction management and contract administration.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve positive results.
- Good multi-discipline knowledge of the principles of planning, design and construction of complex building types.
- Good knowledge of estimating and cost control in construction.
- Sound knowledge of design and construction of structural, electrical and mechanical building systems.
- Sound knowledge of building codes and other applicable regulations.
- Sound knowledge of consultation and construction contracts.
- Sound knowledge of project reporting systems.
- Ability to write and interpret specifications.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and project management software.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Known for our focus on students – and our innovative and collaborative nature – Medicine Hat College proudly serves over 8,000 learners each year. Committed to the communities of southeastern Alberta, Medicine Hat College is a learner focused provider of quality education, training, and services. Operating in an Appreciative Inquiry environment, with a culture of excellence and numerous benefits, the College is a great place to work, learn and grow. MHC is a proud member of Campus Alberta and welcomes partnership to benefit our students and communities. To learn more visit www.mhc.ab.ca.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Medicine Hat, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-03-14