OverviewMedavie Blue Cross Senior Marketing Advisor Full Time in Dartmouth, NS
Medavie Blue Cross
Branch Dartmouth NS CA
Senior Marketing Advisor
The Corporate Communications and Marketing team is responsible for enterprise and group business marketing, communications strategies, and activities including…
As Senior Marketing Advisor, Group Business, you will be responsible for working with the senior sales and product leaders to develop and execute strategies to support our client growth and retention initiatives.
This will include strategic marketing plans that consist of business relations, product positioning, and industry relations to support brand and value proposition awareness and product strategies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create compelling marketing materials to promote our value proposition
- Work with the department leaders and marketing colleagues to create dynamic business relations events that add value through education and networking (e.g. Training Seminars, Conferences, Council meetings)
- Manage marketing investments to maximize value and exposure, including negotiating speaking opportunities, branding opportunities, industry relationships
- Work collaboratively with product management division to ensure ongoing, timely and effective training and material development for internal sales training and broker education
- Accountability for the ongoing maintenance and enhancements to all broker communication material and activities
- Effectively collaborate with your Individual Marketing counterpart to identify synergies and opportunities
- Become a student of the business, attending key internal meetings to better understand your stakeholder audience and gather and share competitive intelligence, within our industry and beyond, to inform the overall strategy and recommendations
Our team’s responsibilities
The Corporate Communications and Marketing team is responsible for enterprise and group business marketing, communications strategies, and activities including public, social and media relations, issues management, corporate branding, internal communications, digital marketing and communications, community relations, corporate events and the development and production of marketing and communications materials for group and individual health benefits products, government administered programs and selected activities for Medavie Health Services and Blue Cross Life.
What are we looking for?
Education : Post-secondary education in marketing discipline or sufficient marketing and communications development knowledge and experience.
Work Experience : Minimum 5 years of previous experience in developing and executing marketing plans, ideally within a corporate environment or through work with corporate clients.
- Team player – as a team we are 100% invested in the success of one another. As a team member, you will need to be comfortable supporting and being supported by your team
- Creative – you think differently. You think about “what if…” and can communicate your great ideas
- Writing – you don’t have to be able to write a novel but you should be comfortable writing a first draft material including business focused content, event descriptions or marketing collateral
- Detail oriented
- Negotiation is part of your language– whether it is negotiating timelines, approach or vendor pricing you are comfortable having conversations with the intent of finding amicable solutions
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy a variety of work and can change gears quickly
- Problem solver – you are curious by nature and have the drive to see projects through to completion
- Experience in B2B and/or insurance industry an asset
Computer Skills : Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Language Skills : Bilingualism (French and English) is considered a strong asset for this position.
About Medavie Blue Cross
For almost 75 years, and across six provinces we’ve been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We’re a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as a Top 100 Employer, one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-30