OverviewMedavie Blue Cross Business Process Analyst Full Time in Montréal, QC
Medavie Blue Cross
Branch Montréal QC CA
Business Process Analyst
Business Process Analyst. Applications are being invited for a position within the actuarial team as a Business Process Analyst, with a focus on data and…
Business Process Analyst
Competition Number: 2016-607
Competition Dates – From:
Title: Business Process Analyst
Location: Moncton, NB or Montreal, QC
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive Compensation
“We care about the work we do-and we’re looking for new colleagues who do, too.”
For over 70 years, and across six provinces we’ve been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We’re a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as a Top 100 Employer, one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Applications are being invited for a position within the actuarial team as a Business Process Analyst, with a focus on data and continual improvement analysis. As a member of the team, you will work closely with members of the Actuarial, Information Technology, Administration, Claims, and Risk and Finance teams.
In this role, you will be directly supporting, adapting and improving the following actuarial business processes and tools, in the context of a rapidly changing data environment and the introduction of new IT systems:
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual actuarial liabilities calculations;
- Development and maintenance of existing actuarial and statistical models, including the update of actuarial assumptions;
- Development and maintenance of risk, reinsurance and investment models;
- Financial statement projection and budgeting exercises; and
- Production of actuarial experience studies.
Education : You have a University degree in one of the following fields; information technology, mathematics/statistics, actuarial science, finance or another closely related field.
Work Experience : Minimum of 2 years of experience in data analysis or process improvement role.
- You are versed in corporate finance, accounting, insurance and statistical concepts and practices;
- You love working on process improvement & automation initiatives and have experience with building and maintaining business process models;
- You are well versed in data governance best practices; and
- You possess strong skills with regards to cleaning and pruning data to discard irrelevant information, are experienced in and love working through data conflict resolution, debugging data centric business process issues and resolving these issues.
- You have advanced skills using Excel in combination with VBA or C# .Net programming to work with large amounts of data;
- You have a proficiency with SQL querying and ideally also with LINQ: you have the ability to extract, interpret and explain data utilizing moderately complex SQL queries in a complex data environment.
Language Skills : Bilingualism (French & English) is considered an asset for this role.
- You have exceptional analytical skills with high attention to details
- You have a keen interest for solving problems involving mathematical constructs while working directly with actuarial mathematicians and other insurance professionals
- You possess excellent problem solving skills and are confident in your decision making abilities
- You enjoy pinpointing and resolving issues in complicated data sets
- You have the ability to triage code problems
- You possess strong communication skills, and are able to communicate complex ideas to non-experts
- You are a creative thinker, and enjoy questioning established business practices and brainstorming new approaches
Execution and Organizational Skills:
- You love learning and champion change
- You enjoy working in a high pressured and fast paced environment
- You are a self-motivated and are able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- You understand and enjoy participating in project management, including the ability to prioritize tasks, document work and obtain the buy-in from other team members, and you have the proven ability to plan and execute large scale long-term projects
- You are comfortable with executing tasks within scheduled timeframes and budgets
- You are experienced in documenting business process changes, and have a good understanding of the software development life cycle
- You are able to escalate issues to the appropriate internal team
Team Work Skills:
- You possess a strong sense of individual and collective accountability
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- You thrive in working in a team environment, but are also able to work independently
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on the link below.
Canadian Citizenship – Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21