OverviewMechanical Technician/Engineer in Australian, BC
Branch Australian BC CA
engineering; • Mechanical equipment installation, adjustment, modification and repair methods; • IT/ SAP PM systems, as it applies to the requirements of the…
Our clients is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with an aim to meet the energy needs of society, in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally viable, now and in the future.
An opportunity is available for a Mechanical Technician/Engineer to be a key member of the offshore facilities Start-up and operations team based in Geoje, South Korea.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Provide timely and accurate information on Mechanical equipment issues that may impact CSU and participate in the relevant CSU progress meetings where requested.
– Analysis and review of existing Project Completions Dossiers and system reports relating to the commissioning and start up scope.
– Verify that all Mechanical equipment hardware systems are commissioned, handed over and accepted in a timely manner, ensuring quality and completion of handover dossiers and agreed punch lists.
– Provide guidance and support to the Offshore Operations team members on systems acceptance activities of rotating equipment.
– Assist in the preparation of Pre-Ownership punch lists for each block of systems
– Assist in the review and close out of any Punch List items
– Assist in the review and close out of Site Queries
– Assist in the review and close out of Technical Verification lists
– Working closely with Project and Operations discipline personnel across the assets to identify the scope and interface requirements for each of the commissioning and start up milestones
– Become fully familiar with their relevant asset start up manual and provide discipline support during the facility start-up
– Work closely with project and operations to help develop SU teams skills and competency requirements for initial start up
•Demonstrate a positive and pro-active commitment to HSE through the personal application of safety critical behaviors;
•Applying HSE Policies & Management System Requirements;
•Supporting/ Participating in Emergency Drills and Exercises as required;
•Reporting all Accidents/ Incidents and Unsafe Acts/ Conditions in a timely manner.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Engineering Degree or Higher Technical qualification
-Experience: Seasoned (+10 years) technical or operations professionals with a mechanical background in either of production / maintenance operations, asset management and/or project supervision (e.g. commissioning) with demonstrable experience in the areas of interest for the job.
-Exposure to both Offshore and Offshore operations and/or project start-up experience. In addition, experience in working in harsh geographical and /or technical environments (e.g. temperature extremes, high pressure reservoirs) would be beneficial.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Regulatory and procedural materials for mechanical equipment systems
• Mechanical equipment of production facilities and applicable maintenance rules;
• Design, operating principle and specifications of rotating equipment;
• Typical failure modes and troubleshooting procedures; root cause analysis (RCA) basics
• Knowledge of Mechanical engineering;
• Mechanical equipment installation, adjustment, modification and repair methods;
• IT/ SAP PM systems, as it applies to the requirements of the position;
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Australian, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11